No announcement yet.

The most hilarious thing about Kovalev/Ward fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
    Boxers and athletes at the highest level in any sport have big egos. It doesn't matter if it's a very close fight they usually feel they were in control. A big ego and have a winning mentality is a big part of their success, so even if they feel they lost a close one most will still not admit it and I see nothing wrong with that.
    That wasn't the point, my point was that kind of performances shouldn't crown you as the p4p king, I've said that somewhere on the forum when I was watching it live before the fight ended

Guys like Kovalev and Ward would never admit losing. Ward has a winner mentality, never been defeated since childhood, he probably had 1-2 competitive fights like this one in the amateurs and that's it, no way a person with this mentality can admit his loss in a close fight. Same with Kovalev. They're both think that they were dominating in that fight

Ward says Miranda > Kovalev, Kovalev says Cedric Agnew > Ward

And performances when a fighter outboxes other elite fighters to the point when it's not even competitive, leaving them absolutely no chances....that kind of performances you have to expect from someone who's #1 p4p

Comment

That's why we have a rematch to settle this fight like Maidana vs. Mayweather II.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
        That reach and power was keeping all other fighters honest, amazing upper body movement, I don't have mothing but respect for Mayweather's skills

But this fight showed that he's not that impressive if you can take away inside game from Ward, which is a difficult thing to do

So I will never say that Ward > Mayweather again

Ward had phenomenal reflexes as well but at this weight he's way slower and more vulnerable
        This sounds like you've got zero respect for Kovalev. Did they both "struggle" because they're both top tier fighters? Have you considered that possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          This sounds like you've got zero respect for Kovalev. Did they both "struggle" because they're both top tier fighters? Have you considered that possibility?
          I respect both Kovalev and Ward as fighters, don't even know why you've came to that conclusion

They're elite, that's why they're 2# and 3# in my p4p in whatever order, but a p4p leader supposed to be levels above than the rest of the boxing world - that's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            How did you see the fight? Fighters won't admit defeat. Especially in a close fight like this one. I want to know your breakdown of who landed cleaner punches, and who did what they wanted to do.
            I saw it as a fascinating chess match where both tried everything they knew and neither gave an inch either physically or mentally. In the final analysis they were as evenly matched as I remember seeing in a top class fight. Ultimately though neither was able to impose either their will or their skill on the other. Cannot fkn wait for the rematch.

Comment

Fighters love to do that with close fights, and then talk up actual one-sided fights as their biggest challenges. "Castillo wasn't my toughest fight, Manny Pacquiao was."

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                I respect both Kovalev and Ward as fighters, don't even know why you've came to that conclusion

They're elite, that's why they're 2# and 3# in my p4p in whatever order, but a p4p leader supposed to be levels above than the rest of the boxing world - that's just my opinion and you don't have to agree with it
                You don't have to be "levels" better than the next guy on the list. Just better.

Comment

if chilemba's name was andre ward he would have been given the decision and would be saying how he dominated kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Fighters love to do that with close fights, and then talk up actual one-sided fights as their biggest challenges. "Castillo wasn't my toughest fight, Manny Pacquiao was."
                    pac outboxed floyd and landed the cleaner punches. no one else did that during his career. if his name was ward pac would have walked away with a UD but he doen't have that rep. he has the killer buzzsaw rep and that didn't happen so he lost. floyd knows this.

Comment

Working...
                    X