Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev outlanded Ward in rds 10/12, can somebody make a case for Ward wininn those?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_ View Post
    But can you tell us why/how Ward won those rounds? I realize this is something that will take time, so you probably couldn't do it right now- if you were willing to do it at all.

But this is what I'm basically interested in. I have to do the same thing for why I felt Kovalev won those rounds I thought he did, eventually. Maybe tonight. We'll see whats up.
    I'd have to give it another study to give you specifics per round but I know I consider all of those rounds possible Ward rounds.

Even 4 wasn't that dominant in all honesty.

In a lot of the rounds Ward did well with the jab, body work and frustrating Kovalev and making him miss.

On the same token in many of the rounds (especially the first 6) Kovalev's crafty timing, feints, solid jab gave him an argument too. Some good counters too at times albeit seldom.

It was a close fight by highly skilled operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
      Yeah, I gave Ward round 6 but upon rewatching it a 3rd time, gave to Kovalev. Kovalev landed some solid right hands.

I think Kovalev has the better chance going into a rematch.
      Can't argue with that, close round right?

I disagree I think Ward has a better shot in the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        then make it.
        This isn't even a Ward fan thing, I thought Kovalev won the fight decisively initially and I was expecting him to get the decision but rather than get emotional on here I waited to rewatch the fight and much of the success Kovalev had in the first half was mythical. Kovalev did not win rounds 3 and 5.

Also other than the solid jabs Kovalev landed in the first round and a couple of solid rights in the 6, Ward had a lot of success those rounds despite losing them IMO.

I guess, and I can admit my own flaws, commentators still have too much of an influence in punches I question.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I'd have to give it another study to give you specifics per round but I know I consider all of those rounds possible Ward rounds.

Even 4 wasn't that dominant in all honesty.

In a lot of the rounds Ward did well with the jab, body work and frustrating Kovalev and making him miss.

On the same token in many of the rounds (especially the first 6) Kovalev's crafty timing, feints, solid jab gave him an argument too. Some good counters too at times albeit seldom.

It was a close fight by highly skilled operators.

I think everyone can agree on that, without a doubt.

Comment

Are you serious? What case have you made? Lol. I said make a case- not say "Ward won round 12."

Tell us how Ward won 7 rounds.

I already said it was a highly competitive fight, obviously this was a competitive fight of the highest class. But we're still waiting on your actual justification of Ward winning 10 and 12 (or anyone else). Not just saying that Ward won those rounds. Lol
            Cleaner punches, ring generalship and making Kov look foolish punching air. You'll be salty about this L for the rest of your life. That's OK it was Close fight and arguing that Kov won won't get too much of a pushback from me. Saying Ward couldn't conceivably have won is a crock of ****

Comment

I think everyone can agree on that, without a doubt.
              Let's see a rematch man.

Let's see who can make the adjustments.

I think Kovalev made a mistake by not putting more pressure on early, I thought Ward was done after he was timed by that BEAUTIFUL right hand counter from Kovalev.

The rematch will be even better.

Comment

This isn't even a Ward fan thing, I thought Kovalev won the fight decisively initially and I was expecting him to get the decision but rather than get emotional on here I waited to rewatch the fight and much of the success Kovalev had in the first half was mythical. Kovalev did not win rounds 3 and 5.

Also other than the solid jabs Kovalev landed in the first round and a couple of solid rights in the 6, Ward had a lot of success those rounds despite losing them IMO.

I guess, and I can admit my own flaws, commentators still have too much of an influence in punches I question.
                but i didn't see it on HBO, down here they got kovalev winning too but 114-113 so it was closer than i had it and they also saw ward coming back like some people here, but not enough to get the W. i'll watch it again.

Comment

It's definitely not a Ward fan thin because I'm not a fan of Ward. I appreciate his skill level but that's it.

Whereas I am a fan of Kovalev and was rooting for him.

In all honesty, when Buffer said "all three judges scored it 114-113" I expected "and NEW" to his next words. That's just how I felt without actually scoring it.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                    Cleaner punches, ring generalship and making Kov look foolish punting air. You'll be salty about this L for the rest of your life. That's OK it was Close fight and arguing that Kov won won't get too much of a pushback from me. Saying Ward couldn't conceivably have won is a crock of ****
                    For every punch Kovalev missed, Ward didn't capitalize and land his own punch. You're forgetting that Kovalev outlanded Ward in most of the rounds.

I will be salty, but you never gave Kovalev a chance. Your scorecard was filled out before the fight started. You know damn well you'd have given it to Ward no matter what happened, minus Ward being taken out of the ring on a stretcher.

Ward couldn't have won, in my honest opinion. He got outboxed, even in his best moments.... he didn't return enough to capitalize on Kovalev "punting air," which is how you actually score points. For example, if Ward made Kovalev miss 450 times, by way of legit stats.... but landed nothing in return and Kovalev still landed another 450 shots. Kovalev gets those points, not Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Let's see a rematch man.

Let's see who can make the adjustments.

I think Kovalev made a mistake by not putting more pressure on early, I thought Ward was done after he was timed by that BEAUTIFUL right hand counter from Kovalev.

The rematch will be even better.
                      Yeah. As a huge Kovalev fan, I am disappointed he did not show more urgency after the KD, and let the fight carry on similar to the Hopkins fight- leaving it to the judges.

If this fight determined the P4P #1 and 2, the second match will determine it even more clearly, because, as you say... adjustments will have to be made.

Comment

Working...
                      X