No announcement yet.

What the Differences Between Adrien Broner and Lucas Matthysse Say About Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    What's the bigger accomplishment, losing to Muhammad Ali or beating Butterbean?

I'll wait.

On second thought I won't, we know some of you guys are a little slow.

Mattysee gets more props for reaching the upper echelon of the division. Broner doesn't because he's not fighting the best and hasn't made it to the top.
    Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    Being #2 in the Major league is still better than #1 in the minor leagues.

Placing Silver in the Olympics is still better than getting Gold in a Regional Tournament.

But really lets stop comparing the two one is a prize fighter (Lucas) and the other is a side show (Broner).
    This is how stupid Lucas fans and fans that hate certain fighters have gotten.

Lucas just wasn't good enough to beat Zab, devon, danny Garcia and Postol. That isn't leonard, hearnd hagler and duran FFS.

Broner and Lucas have both lost against the 2 best guys on their resumes, in the fights they were favored to win. The only difference is Broner was able to beat DeMarco and Taylor where Lucas lost to Devon but beat Petersen.

Broner also didn't quit.

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
    Very good post.
    That you thought that was a good post is disturbing and disappointing.

I get you like Lucas but most of today you have been rational even when we do not agree. How do you cosign that garbage?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-07-2015, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Good article, and a good read. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        Good article, and a good read. Thanks for posting.
        Sharing is caring

Comment

nice read. also, it's nice to see the same people in every lucas thread, he is still popular even after defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
            nice read. also, it's nice to see the same people in every lucas thread, he is still popular even after defeat.
            It's unfortunate to see that a lot of people have turned on him even after all the great fights he's given us. I've heard that a lot of people in Argentina are criticising Lucas too

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
              It's unfortunate to see that a lot of people have turned on him even after all the great fights he's given us. I've heard that a lot of people in Argentina are criticising Lucas too
              yeah, it's sad. especially from former boxers whose time has passed long ago. they praised lucas before and now they are talking ****

Comment

Gee, i wonder if the 33 year old fighter has a better resume than the 26 year old fighter?

Can't wait to read the article about how the 34yr old Cotto has a better resume than the 25yr old Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Good article. The only bias is 2 points:

the writer left out Broner fighting Maidana and Porter. Broner showed all the same heart and guts Lucas has in his losses-except he didn't quit, where Lucas did.

the writer fails to point out in each of the fights he called "tough matchups" Lucas was favored to win just as Broner was.

Broner not maximizing his potential is because of what he does outside of the ring. Matts maximizing his is, as the writer points out, rooted in him not having the god given gifts Broner has.

Broner makes me mad, because he is gifted as a fighter, and cursed with pride & laziness. Having a big mouth also detracts. If you are gonna talk lots, bring your A game all the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X