Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe I'm getting too old.. but I don't get the hype on Koralev.. I remember when..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe I'm getting too old.. but I don't get the hype on Koralev.. I remember when..

It's like people hype fighters so much. I remember a long time ago when I was 18 and Lucian Bute finally stepped up and got stopped by Carl Froch.. He was also hyped and had 10x the resume Koralev had heading into the Froch fight................

Right, so under your theory who is going to be Kovalev's Froch and take him out in 5 rounds?

Comment

Kovalev hasn't been knocked out by Librado Andrade and been robbed of a victory by a biased ref either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        Right, so under your theory who is going to be Kovalev's Froch and take him out in 5 rounds?
        Lateef Koyote is waiting for him at CW. If Koralev is so tough he should step his azz up and get into the jungle.

Comment

Why do people expect KOvalev to have a good resume? He was a prospect up until his last fight when he destroyed Campillo. I'm sure you're being sarcastic but Froch-Bute was only last year.

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
            It's like people hype fighters so much. I remember a long time ago when I was 18 and Lucian Bute finally stepped up and got stopped by Carl Froch.. He was also hyped and had 10x the resume Koralev had heading into the Froch fight................
            1. How many threads have you already created?

2. Bute Froch wasn't a long time ago. Yes Froch upset Bute but it was well known that Bute didn't have the best chin. Kovalev looks to have a solid chin and it would take someone who could box and fight inside to beat him.

Andre Ward is that man.

The good thing is that 168-175 is pretty stacked so we will see Kovalev fighting a lot of them.

Kovalev is the real deal...stopping Campillo and Cleverly is pretty major

Comment

his resume is actually a lot better than bute's. campillo was one of the top 2 or 3 guys in the division coming off 2 robbery losses to 2 of the other champs, and cleverly was a top 5 guy. bute didn't have any of that on his resume. either did lacy going into the calzaghe fight. those guys were hype. i think what you meant were they had 10x the bums on their resumes. kovalev is anti-hype. he's reality.

Comment

"Maybe I'm too old" Bute-Froch was a year ago when you were 18.

This guy is an absolute king with words!

Comment

I don't get it. You believe the hype of Wilder, but not Kovalev..... who just won a world title?

Comment

Originally posted by RadioBox View Post
                    A long time ago? Hahaha, That just happened last year.
                    DAMN I wish i was young enough to say that!

Comment

Working...
                    X