Commentators counting Paulie's power against him when scoring the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    you basically advocate homecookings

anywhere people fight, there should be fair judges, **** that hometown bullsht
    You're a tool, in a close fight it is fair to give the home town guy the nod. Broner is a decorated fighter and an investment that's why he had the bigger payday, the better sponsors, and Fench Montana walking him into the ring. Paulie outlanded him early on and I had him winning by two rounds. He deserved the decision.

Comment

I had it 8-4 broner, Headshots from broner or bodyshots from paulie. I dont know where you guys get robbery from, unless you hate broner that much. Broners punches were visible more effective.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
        You're a tool, in a close fight it is fair to give the home town guy the nod. Broner is a decorated fighter and an investment that's why he had the bigger payday, the better sponsors, and Fench Montana walking him into the ring. Paulie outlanded him early on and I had him winning by two rounds. He deserved the decision.
        Ummmm no. Fights should be scored the exact same way no matter who they are or where they fight. You dont get extra points for being a champ or fighting at home, thats ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
          It was ridiculous how they kept counting Paulie's power against him when scoring the fight. Everyone knew that going into the fight Paulie's power wouldn't be effective, but he was still LANDING shots. You can't throw all the credit on someone with physical gifts like power or speed of they are still getting out landed and not landing as clean themselves.
          Agreed 100%. Broner decided to fight Paulie and Broner should have ran through Paulie's feather fists but he didn't. And the commentators/ judges should have take Paulie's powerless punches in context...

I think Paulie landed more and just because he didn't hurt Broner, doesn't mean he didn't win the fight technically... But then again you could argue for Broner and say he landed the effective shots (but that's not taking things into context...)

Comment

Paulie lost. That is all

Comment

Working...
            X