No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Lampley Slams Mayweather, Draws Criticism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    So a crackhead can't say that another guy smokes crack too??? It's not like he's lying. Lol and if crackhead #2 smokes more crack than crackhead #1, I see no problem with crackhead #1 saying it. Lamps has had his issue before but Floyd is an established women beater. Girl friends, baby Momas, b1tches in clubs...... Floyd whips all their asses.
    ETHER!!!

Comment

• Lmao, Jim just had to vent, that's all.
      While the woman beater might be hypocrit talk, his statements about Jr. in regards to retirement and boring I think were agreed with a unanimous decision, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        So a crackhead can't say that another guy smokes crack too??? It's not like he's lying. Lol and if crackhead #2 smokes more crack than crackhead #1, I see no problem with crackhead #1 saying it. Lamps has had his issue before but Floyd is an established women beater. Girl friends, baby Momas, b1tches in clubs...... Floyd whips all their asses.
        Only if he calls for a ban on himself too since he's a crackhead as well.

Comment

• Who cares what he said watching floyd fight is like watching paint dry !

Comment

• This thread pretty much indicates why it is a bad idea to turn the issue of domestic abuse into a witch hunt against certain figures. People build a profile of what a domestic abuser should look like, and become blind to the abuse when the individual doesn't fit the bill.

"Lampley only did it once."
            "Lampley only admitted to beating his girlfriend; he didn't go to prison for for it."

Statements that betray the approach people take in other instances.

It basically indicates why domestic abuse is so prevalent. It's all well and good condemning abuse when you dislike the person doing so, but what about instances where the person is a friend or colleague? The responses in this thread indicate that many individuals would be more than willing to turn a blind eye.

Comment

• I am not a supporter of spousal abuse or domestic violence and normally I would point out the hypocritical nature of Lampley's diatribe. An exception is made in this case, however, because I enjoy hearing people criticize Floyd on TV.

Comment

• What is funny is HBO could have had a different talent do it, having Lampley do it when he has the Gatti list that the trumpets around all the time, when Gatti did way worse to women than Floyd did he just didn't get caught up because people liked Gatti.

When it comes to morality issues people will give a pass to those that they like~

HBO could have easily done this with another talent and it would have come off much better.

Comment

• Mayweather's domestic violence issues and other behavior was well-known when he was on HBO. I remember Merchant taking a shot at Mayweather "sparring with women", but not Lampley.

Now Floyd goes to Showtime and Lampley is all saying this. lol

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  What is funny is HBO could have had a different talent do it, having Lampley do it when he has the Gatti list that the trumpets around all the time, when Gatti did way worse to women than Floyd did he just didn't get caught up because people liked Gatti.

When it comes to morality issues people will give a pass to those that they like~

HBO could have easily done this with another talent and it would have come off much better.
                  That's true...Gatti had all these incidents back in the late 90s when he was often fighting on HBO, and then after he died his domestic violence issues and demons because even more well known.

People pick and choose their spots.

Comment

• What I found great was Michelle beadle on overtime talking about why she wasn't buying the floyd fight due to his domestic violence-while being interviewed by lampley and max.

I guess she didn't bother to carefully research her hosts. Lol.

Comment

• I did not buy floyd vs Maidana justbfor the fact tgat it wouldn't be conpetitive and also that I also said that of is not a big risk figh (Manny Pac) i will not buy it.

In te same line o did watch and g8ve Floyd credit for the Canelo fight / domination.

Comment

Working...
                      X