is Donaire An ATG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could see hall of famer.

Comment

Hell no. Talked a lot of smack before the Rigo fight and then gets schooled by a far smaller dude with 10 pro fights. Then tries to blame his loss on bad shoulder and new baby. Gets schooled in the second Darchinyan fight until he lands a lucky punch. Uses a little cut to get out of the simpiwe fight. Relies only on a left hook his entire career.

Donaire thinks he's the second coming of Manny Pacquiao but he isn't close, not as a boxer or as a man.

Comment

not just yet but wins against Nishioka, Montiel, Marquez, Arce, Vazquez, definitely puts him up there as one of the best of his generation and who knows, a few more good to great wins under his belt and he could be an ATG. But I don't think that will happen, he is close to being shot.

Comment

No.......................

Comment

Donaire is not an ATG, and i dont think he ever will be.

if he were to retire today, he probably gets in the HOF eventually, but he lacks that marquee win against a fellow great fighter..

Comment

HOF for sure due to such a deep resume filled with good names and great fighters. However his career is still wide open and if he manages to fight and win with fighters such as Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares, Takashi Uchiyama, Takashi Miura, Miguel Angel Garcia, Crawford/Gamboa for the rest of his career, than no question about it. I name these fighters because Donaire said he wanted to go up in weight as much as possible and perhaps end at 140. However, just because he can rise in weight doesn't mean he will win above 126 without his actual boxing skill. Donaire's career is just like his personality, awkward.

Comment

Working...
              X