Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of Planet Earth has been explored ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
    I recall a few years ago a stat that we'd explored more of Mars than we had earth.

Either that's now not true, or it's essentially because of deep oceans, and them not being present on Mars meaning satellites have explored more.

explored?

whoever told you that is foolish.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      explored?

whoever told you that is foolish.
      Ok.

It was a stat, so perhaps explored wasn't the word, but scanned, imaged or something...

Comment

Ok.

It was a stat, so perhaps explored wasn't the word, but scanned, imaged or something...

go find him and call him a b#tch for me,

Comment

go find him and call him a b#tch for me,
          It's ambiguous depending on your definition of explored.

What's your correction or answer then?

Comment

It's ambiguous depending on your definition of explored.

What's your correction or answer then?

that humans are infinitely more familiar with our own planet than one so far away.

Comment

that humans are infinitely more familiar with our own planet than one so far away.
              Meaning and based on what precisely? That's even more ambiguous.

We've satellite imaged most of Mars I believe, to which we haven't...Earths, largely due to it's oceans.

Comment

657 NEW ISLANDS discovered just last year. Hell no we haven't explored the whole world yet. Whoever says yes are foolish to think...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_851547.html

Comment

Less than 1% of the seafloor has been explored.

There are some pretty crazy creatures living miles below the surface of our oceans:

Last edited by deliveryman; 11-25-2012, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Meaning and based on what precisely? That's even more ambiguous.

We've satellite imaged most of Mars I believe, to which we haven't...Earths, largely due to it's oceans.

in this case i prefer the term broad. the meaning of what i said isn't ambiguous.

we're quantifying the "level of exploration" on mars and earth. you seem to think mars is more explored than earth, which is bopkiss. maybe i'm misinterpreting things.

the oceans are mapped in their entirety with sonar to a greater degree than the surface of mars is known to man.

human's haven't even been to mars. murrica will probably make it eventually, though i'll probably be dead.

i don't even understand why there's a need for a discussion.

yes, there are deep parts of the ocean which are "unexplored," but that doesn't mean that our own planet is less known to us than a planet that is 35 million miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                      Less than 1% of the seafloor has been explored.

There are some pretty crazy creatures living miles below the surface of our oceans:

That's 1 badazz song and video!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X