Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri didn't look that bad against Cotto minus the knee and that guy doesn't have 1/5th the defensive skill of Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      It becomes quite evident when certain people have only been following boxing for two years tops.
      No it's evident that you don't know WTF you are talking about. Per the usual.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayMosPeaHop View Post
        To the TS, It did not prove it, but it solidified a pattern by Arum Arum laid the blueprint when he would not make a fight with Floyd and Oscar. The man holds a major grudge and only does what is best for him, not his fighters. Arum knew Floyd would beat Oscar, but still would not consider making the fight. So, there is proof right there that Arum does not care about the size of the fight, whether his fighter is favored to win, or how much money could be generated for himself. If Arum does not want to make the fight, it will not get made no matter what.
        In regards to Cotto and Floyd, how could anyone not see the issue any different. Besides Floyd being heavily favored, that would have been a huge prize fight. Arum had put Floyd in the Oscar category. He is not doing business with them(Oscar or Floyd).
        The sad part is Arum has stated on a number of occasions that he does not want to make the fight with Floyd and Manny and people still give him a pass. I would not back a family member the way some you back Arum. But keep backing him. Arum is only making Manny look bad now and losing himself and his fighter money. Floyd is going to trounce Miguel and Manny is going to struggle with Tim.
        It also shows a pattern of Floyd taking the road of least resistance.

The cherry picker at it's best waiting waiting waiting then Bam! Lets fight Punk! (underlying message: Your old and battle worn enough for me (Floyd) to beat you up hehe!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
          *****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
          *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gotta love them! Cotto is back! Yeah!!!
          Well I think that Floyd vs Cotto is better than Pacquiao vs Cotto 2 ... We already have seen Pacquiao vs Cotto and Cotto lost convincingly, I think that a second fight would've been terrible. With Floyd vs Cotto I also think that Floyd should win without that much of a problem, but at least is a different fight with different styles.

Oh and yes the weight has a lot to do with this fight. Pacquiao said that he wasn't going to fight Cotto above 147, so a Pacquiao - Cotto fight at 147 is a lot worse than a Floyd - Cotto at 154, not because this way Cotto is going to win because of the weight, but just because at 147 Cotto would have been completely dehydrated and would gas out during the first 5 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
            Well I think that Floyd vs Cotto is better than Pacquiao vs Cotto 2 ... We already have seen Pacquiao vs Cotto and Cotto lost convincingly, I think that a second fight would've been terrible. With Floyd vs Cotto I also think that Floyd should win without that much of a problem, but at least is a different fight with different styles.

Oh and yes the weight has a lot to do with this fight. Pacquiao said that he wasn't going to fight Cotto above 147, so a Pacquiao - Cotto fight at 147 is a lot worse than a Floyd - Cotto at 154, not because this way Cotto is going to win because of the weight, but just because at 147 Cotto would have been completely dehydrated and would gas out during the first 5 rounds.
            I agree in that part that pac cotto 2 is flimsy. But Floyd Cotto is just as bad lol

Gone are do good all days for Cotto. He is just ripe for the picking.

It's called Floyd choosing the path to less ressisatnce lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
              Paulie Malignaggie, Carlos Quintana, Zab Judah, Yuri Foreman.

Key factor in why Cotto beat them: Great timing on his punches.

Cotto age: 31

Mayweahter age: 35 (by may 5th)

Fight at Miguel Cotto's weight.

Is this significant for the Mayweather style match up?
              Cotto has always looked GREAT when he was the agressor.. and AWFUL when his opponent stood their ground. This is because cotto has always posed and admired his work too much. Expect floyd to press.

Comment

• Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                All road leads to pacman now LOL

floyd is eating his own words and S@cking his own D%$#
                *sigh*

Comment

• remember when arum offered floyd a career high payday to fight floyd? oh i guess everyone forgot that. i guess arum knew floyd was such a coward that he would reject the fight so it wasnt really a sincere offer?

also floyd never attempted to make the fight after leaving top rank even though it was the biggest fight in boxing and would have made him the most money. remember according to floyd hes the one who makes the offers people dont offer him fights. well no offer!

golden boy's main goal is to destroy top rank and take over boxing(delahoya himself said this) so of course they aren't going to risk losing their biggest cash cow against dangerous foes unless they are in house. and vice versa for top rank.

if prime cotto had left top rank would the fight have been made? unknown but since leaving top rank floyd has never fought anyone close to a prime cotto because golden boy's stable around welterweight was pretty soft.

big fights between popular top rank and golden boy have been made though as we've seen but it's only usually when one thinks they have a massive advantage and they think they can take out one of their rivals guys. hopkins-pavlik, delahoya-pac. cotto-mosley. i guess floyd wasn't confident enough that he could take out top ranks guys so the fight was never made. also his comical excuses about cotto living too far away and his fake retirement don't help his cause about wanting the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                    legacy and demands is not a good combination especially when your conditions are either you meet my demands or no fight.
                    "Poochiao's offer was more than generous, and business is business. Manny will regret not taking the fight years from now, especially if Floyd moves on to fight Martinez then retires for good."

The Truck

Comment

• Pacquiao - Clottey, Pacquiiao- Margarito, pacquiao- Mosley were all beyond pathetic fights.....I mean PATHETIC. People will llook back and see how badly the boxing public has been fooled.

Comment

Working...
                      X