Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Vasyl Lomachenko at 135 lbs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre lay off Mikey Garcia for sure. Loma is probably the slightly more skilled guy but Garcia has world class knock out power to turn the tide in his favour, every time he connects clean Loma will feel it. Garcia was absolutely destroying Salido, hurting and dropping him with every clean punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      True but Salido started coming on and Garcia pulled a quit job and looked for an easy way out and they have another common opponent in Martinez. Garcia was dropped and went the distance where Lomachenko thoroughly outclassed and brutally one shot KO'd Roman.
      Ermm No sir, Garcia knocked out Roman and other than the flash knockdown he completely dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
        If you're calling bull****, why'd you bring it up as to why you'd lean towards Mikey? Salido was fouling both fighters and I didn't see Garcia schooling Salido, he was just in tough. For Lomachenko, he adapted a little too late and while winning the last few rounds, he lost the fight. Putting things in context, again it was Lomachenko's 2nd pro fight and it's unheard of to match up a 1-0 fighter with a veteran like Salido. But this is being held against Lomachenko?
        lol
        I've been noticing this changing narrative for a while now.
        Now Mikey had lost control of the fight and was about to be ko'ed.
        You know, right before he had badly hurt Salido and nearly dropped him again right before the fight-stopping incident.
        Never mind the fact that even in the mid rounds, Salido was shoe-shining Mikey's elbows along the ropes while still getting countered hard and receiving the bigger share of the damage even during those rounds.
        Mikey whooped Salido and that's that,
        If you can't see the massive difference in the fights than you're not a boxing fan, you're just a fan boy.

True but Salido started coming on and Garcia pulled a quit job and looked for an easy way out and they have another common opponent in Martinez. Garcia was dropped and went the distance where Lomachenko thoroughly outclassed and brutally one shot KO'd Roman.
        See this is what I'm talking about. Mikey was still taking most of the last rounds. Salido wasn't effective along the ropes and was only getting hurt himself.
        Also, get your facts straight. Garcia ko'ed Rocky in 8 on a body shot after hurting him badly with nearly every single shot he hit him with. He just doesn't throw in combination to seal the deal.
        Mikey took off 2 rounds to analyze him, got dropped, then picked him apart for the rest until stopping him. Be objective.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          Didn't Mikey leave Arum because he was asked to fight Gamboa? So what are the chances of making this Lomachenko fight happen?

I'm just saying people need to be realistic before throwing these matchups around. I'm sick of fantasy fights. I want something real.

If it can't be made, why even discuss it?
          Fantasy fights are part of being a fan of boxing. Ninety percent of them don't happen, so why not let your imagination run wild and say the darnedest things? I can bet that Thurman vs Brook, for example, will remain a fantasy fight. In fans' minds it will eventually happen. See how powerful their hypnotic effects have on fans?

Comment

Imagine a world where "boxing fans" actually watched boxing matches, that would be crazy.

Comment

How the hell would we know, Mikey hasn't fought in 2 years.

The Mikey of 2 years ago would school current Loma though.

Comment

good question, both fighters have unique talents and strengths but I favor Mikey because he is more technically sound where Lomo is a bit unorthodox. I also think Mikey is stronger.

Now lomo is no slouch this a fight he could win I just favor Mikey....

Comment

I chose Garcia.

Mostly based off past form and he also has the edge in size and power. Both are good solid technicians.

Loma is quicker with his legs but I think he'd get clipped and hurt. Garcia is a good finisher. Loma isnt much of a puncher. He is good often does pitty pat shots, doesnt sit down on his shots all the time

Comment

I pick Garcia... To big, to strong...

Comment

You guys sound really stupid when you say you think he quit as a way out against Salido. It's one of those things where people think, "He's either lying or he's really dense."

And, other than getting clipped by Martinez, which didn't even seem to daze him, he owned him in that fight. He may have even caught fewer right hands per round than Loma, though I haven't seen the numbers on the Garcia fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X