Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waddell+Reed's PBC investment has lost 59% of it's value.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AP♠ View Post
    PBC will live forever. I don't understand how people can hate FREE FREE FREE boxing on LOCAL television with ZERO SUBSCRIPTION, the more boxing the better. They hate Haymon because he's associated with Mayweather they want to see fail behind the man that's revolutionizing and bringing free boxing. Deep throat it fu.kkers PBC will live on.
    Because we don't live in America and it matters to us more to see good match ups. Would you rather eat a nice beef burger cooked by your mother for 20 dollars or a dead cat's head in a burger bun for free?

Comment

• When you've blown 59% of your money in your 1st 6 months of operation it's pretty obvious what's going to happen. 6 months from now PBC will be gone and Haymon will be sharing a 1 bedroom apartment with 50cent.

Comment

PBC will live forever. I don't understand how people can hate FREE FREE FREE boxing on LOCAL television with ZERO SUBSCRIPTION. The more boxing the better. They hate Haymon because he's associated with Mayweather they want to see fail behind the man that's revolutionizing and bringing fee boxing. Deep throat it fu.kkers PBC will live on.
        If it was that great they'd be making money rather than losing money. They'd be selling tons of commercial slots instead of paying networks to let them air their shi**y fights that hardly anyone really cares about. Sad part is, 8 months in and they aren't even trying to change anything. Still using the same formula that cost them $300mil. Thier upcoming schedule is pure crap featuring fighters they even some diehards have never even heard of. They are doing absolutely nothing to capture the casual audience that they so desperately need.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
          Because we don't live in America and it matters to us more to see good match ups. Would you rather eat a nice beef burger cooked by your mother for 20 dollars or a dead cat's head in a burger bun for free?
          So tell me the great fights non-Pbc you paid to see this year...

Comment

• The product has generally been pretty good, their percentage of good fight to bad fight is not spectacular but it is not abnormally bad either.

It is spread out for two reason.

1) To control most of the avenues fighters have for getting airtime, which is key in building up young fighters.

2) When it comes time to go for TV deals everyone will have had a taste, some will be fine with it going away while others will want to keep it.

That is not something that can last though because they won;t keep paying for time and they won't be able to get deals from everyone. So they need to strangle their competition as much as possible over this time, which is kind of impossible to do totally but it can have a great effect in tipping the balance long term. That is pretty much worth any price they pay but paying that price is only worth it if they are in it for the long haul. With that sort of strategy I don't think short term is on the investors minds at all and profit will probably be a long time coming at least in terms of making back all the money.

If it works right for them it will be like a snowball rolling down a hill because their strength will grow as their competition gets weaker. That balance hasn't shifted much yet but it is so early that you still can't say much about it working or not.

Worrying about profit is after all of that goes down really because the plan they seem to be running with is not a short term get rich plan it is the take over the sport long term plan. Although I sure if one of their stars caught fire and could cash in on PPV they would be happy to cash in a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              Paid for nothing. Provo vs Matthysse was good, Kovalev vs Pascal, Matthysse vs Postol. These are the stand out ones.

They were designed to be competitive on paper, unlike all PBC fights which are squash matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                It's over anyway boss, they lost hundreds of millions. No point in arguing anymore, we would literally be beating a dead horse ha

Comment

• Haymon should have used Floyd to be the face of PBC. He could have done wonders to help promote and bring interest to the brand. Floyd/Berto should have been on PBC.

After every fight Floyd thanks god and al Haymon. How about thanking him by helping him bring some much needed attention to his brand. Instead PBC is like those disfucntional children u see In the streets late at night while wondering who the hell thier parents are!

Comment

PBC will live forever. I don't understand how people can hate FREE FREE FREE boxing on LOCAL television with ZERO SUBSCRIPTION, the more boxing the better. They hate Haymon because he's associated with Mayweather they want to see fail behind the man that's revolutionizing and bringing free boxing. Deep throat it fu.kkers PBC will live on.
                    I like it, its more boxing on TV. It's just bad business cause its a ton of money for something hardly anyone gives a **** about anymore. They spend 30-50x more in purse than FNF for 2-3x the ratings. And buying all the TV time. See very nice Fonfara Cleverly card doing 325k, or the upcoming Lara ****show

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      Yeah, maybe it's kind of a throw everything on the wall and see what sticks type of scenario, but its making me nervous that they are going to run out of funding before they figure it all out. Still, you'd think they could have been doing better with a lot of the matchmaking. It makes me question whether they know or care about what fans want to watch.
                      Yes, without a face it's hard to know who to hold accountable.

Comment

Working...
                      X