No announcement yet.

George Orwells 1984 is Modern Day North Korea

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Orwells 1984 is Modern Day North Korea

It's surprising and shocking that George Orwells fictional novel contains so much foresight into what a society can turn into. We see it today with North Korea, its almost as if North Korean leaders read 1984 and said yes! That is exactly what our country needs to be.

Russia is also not too far off in fulfilling Orwells dystopian society. I hope no other countries falls under this gloomy prediction. China was headed that way as well, but fortunately came to its senses at the turn of the century.

probably every nation is headed that way, some much quicker than others. our PM, harper is a control freak, I bet every time he reads 1984 he cums in his pants just like Donald trump does when he fires someone. every time I watch the news it seems to me normal citizens have less and less freedom because of terrorism and cops and politicians have more power

Comment

It's not really surprising because Orwell despised Stalinism and the State controlling personal freedoms, and North Korea is the most hardline communist nation on the planet.

Have you read Animal Farm by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        It's not really surprising because Orwell despised Stalinism and the State controlling personal freedoms, and North Korea is the most hardline communist nation on the planet.

Have you read Animal Farm by chance?
        Yes, everyone is equal but some are more equal than others.

Comment

Working...
        X