No announcement yet.

Boxing needs more gys like Lara, reason is : READ ARTICLE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
    Thats the truth. Alot of people think in the old days the best were always fighting each other when they were lots of fights against nobodies between the better fights. There were also a larger quantity of high level fighters back then.

I'll go ahead and say what the TS really wants to say without the sugar; it sucks that Lara is the best in his division but because of politics we have to watch Nelo, who would give Lara his biggest purse avoid him..Since I'm a fan of Maidana I'm happy for him and proud for earning the big Floyd payday even though i know he don't belong in there with Floyd. Likewise with Lara, I am a big fan of his and I want to see him getting that exposure and big paycheck just like the undeserving Nelo does. He's fought a thousand eliminators and it seems GBP just want him to lose so they can write him off as unworthy even though he's champ..

Nelo and Chavez are two heads on the same coin; both spoonfed Mexicans who aren't nearly as good as those on top of their class, and don't even fight at their true class anyways but at least Chavez, like Danny Garcia has faced his boogyman. And yes Nelo is young but so what at this point!! He's already gotten 40 something fights, million dollare purses, exposure for his alleged action style so it's time to step up to...the CHAMP in your division even if he is just begging for money..
    Step up to where? He is fighting at the highest level already. And Lara is hardly the CHAMP at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Agreed. I didn't think much of that article at all. Not even well written. lol
      If all Cuban fans were like you, I would still support Gamboa, Rigo and Lara. I started out liking them, especially Gamboa, but their worshippers just annoy the heck out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by ElCaneloAlvarez View Post
        Oh my, not another Laratard thread. Canelo will whoop that ass. I would love if Ishe Smith whooped him, now that would be something.
        You would love Smith to beat Lara would you I guess that's one way to avoid Lara.

Comment

Lara is very good and you could considering him the best guy but he has not clearly proven he is the man at 154, as got said Canelo and Lara's last 2 victories are against the same guys and each one did better against one. Whichever one you like you can have ahead but that right there is the fight to decide the man at 154 outside of Money.

You could also bring up Andrade in relation to Lara (but he is a notch behind to me) as he did a better job with Vanes and Hernadez, I know people don't like triangle theories but understand looking better against common opponents does make it hard to say I am clearly superior to that guy because results don't show that.

He need to beat Canelo to be the man beat Andrade to solidify it and then we will see what he does to the up and comers, I would venture a guess he would not fight them all and will fight the most lucrative options.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 03-14-2014, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
            If all Cuban fans were like you, I would still support Gamboa, Rigo and Lara. I started out liking them, especially Gamboa, but their worshippers just annoy the heck out of me.
            I hear that a lot; but, to tell you the truth, I think most fans on this site are heavily biased towards their countrymen. In my experience, very few are even remotely neutral when it comes to "their boys." You can't imagine the truckloads of biased nonsense I had to endure prior to the Rigo-Donaire fight. Nonito was God. Cubans are vocal to begin with; and, since there are so few of us on here, some people feel the need to turn the volume up a notch. I suppose it's human nature.

Comment

Working...
            X