This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    The one thing I hated about the documentary, is where they genuinely compared the US version of 'the streets', i.e how Mayweather was supposedly brought up, to being brought up on the streets in the Philippines fighting for your family's daily food.

Two totally different worlds

on Mayweather: 'streets that hardly brought any more promise'

Like seriously ?
    Well he should be thankful the streets aren't the same.

It is fucked up over there, no arguing that.

Has he ever been there though or just assuming?

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
      Well he should be thankful the streets aren't the same.

It is fucked up over there, no arguing that.

Has he ever been there though or just assuming?
      Since he was so concerned perhaps he can donate some of his winnings to a charitable organization over there!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
        Look I'm really not trying to compare the poverty in america to the philipines because overall you all right there is no comparison.

To the bold I work by the white house where the president of the usa lives while in office. I can literally walk one block from the white house and take pictures of homeless people here eating garbage.

So can we all just stop with comparing of the poor and down trodden people of the world cause we really look and come off as @$$holes for doing so!
        I just think its insane that this is being discussed.

If you think poor people in the US have it just as tough as poor people from a 3rd world country, you're just flat out wrong.

Comment

don't hate on Floyd, Floyd fans said he is just saying all these things pretending to be bad to sell the fight.

oh wait Floyd fans said the fight sell itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
            don't hate on Floyd, Floyd fans said he is just saying all these things pretending to be bad to sell the fight.

oh wait Floyd fans said the fight sell itself.
            This is taken from an interview from years ago.

Comment

I thought when Mayweather said Pacquiao should go make him sushi roll was far more offensive.

Comment

So one person posts a video of Filipinos eating garbage (recooked restaurant food) in order to survive and Floyd has said, "It's f'd up over there." What exactly did he say that's wrong or untrue? Like none of you use similar statements to describe a place. "Oh the war in (insert country) is bad. It's f'd up over there." He doesn't have to go there to know that the situation is bad, he just gave his take on it (an opinion), no different than some of the posters in this forum. It wasn't nor meant to be disrespectful towards the Philippines. I swear some of you guys are clowns who just love to spew nonsense about boxers on the internet, especially Floyd. Sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  Since he was so concerned perhaps he can donate some of his winnings to a charitable organization over there!

Like Africa, Philippins did nothing for him

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                    I just think its insane that this is being discussed.

If you think poor people in the US have it just as tough as poor people from a 3rd world country, you're just flat out wrong.
                    Did you read and comprehend my post you quoted or just skim through it?

Comment

Working...
                    X