Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My steerin wheel is shaking like crazy at slow speeds.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like warped brake discs to me.

Comment

is it the slow speed, or the breaking that is causing the rattling?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        is it the slow speed, or the breaking that is causing the rattling?
        Slow speed seems to intensify it,,It still does at higher speed but a lot lighter

Comment

Why are you asking people on a boxing forum? Don't you have a trusted mechanic?

Comment

Did you just rotate your tires? Seems like an the direction of your tires got reversed.

Comment

Is it a Jeep? They're known to have what's called the 'death rattle'.

Comment

I've seen this happen to people who needed oil/oil change. It'll even stall or shut off at stops. If it feels like its only in the wheels then it's probably there. But if its a "holy s hit its about to turn off" shake that shakes the entire car check the oil or spark plugs.

Are your lights dimming or anything when the shaking is at its strongest?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  I've seen this happen to people who needed oil/oil change. It'll even stall or shut off at stops. If it feels like its only in the wheels then it's probably there. But if its a "holy s hit its about to turn off" shake that shakes the entire car check the oil or spark plugs.

Are your lights dimming or anything when the shaking is at its strongest?
                  Ohhh man..I didn't even think about i'm needing an oil change.. hopefully it's that simple.. but regardless, I do need an oil change

Comment

Originally posted by GHOST KING View Post
                    Ohhh man..I didn't even think about i'm needing an oil change.. hopefully it's that simple.. but regardless, I do need an oil change
                    You're kidding right? That's not going to make your steering wheel shake. An imbalanced wheel might...or your brakes....like I said. You can rule out wheel balancing simply by swapping out the front and back wheels (a tire rotation) and you will know for sure if that's it. Usually if it only happens at a certain speed that's the cause. Did you use a tire flat aerosol sealant by chance? Those tend to settle at the bottom and effect the tire balance if you didn't drive long enough after using it.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                      You're kidding right? That's not going to make your steering wheel shake. An imbalanced wheel might...or your brakes....like I said. You can rule out wheel balancing simply by swapping out the front and back wheels (a tire rotation) and you will know for sure if that's it. Usually if it only happens at a certain speed that's the cause. Did you use a tire flat aerosol sealant by chance? Those tend to settle at the bottom and effect the tire balance if you didn't drive long enough after using it.
                      I don't know dick about vehicles.. But yea, i'm thinking strongly it's my brakes.. Somebody said calipers..Is that a possibility?

Comment

Working...
                      X