No announcement yet.

Defend Calzaghe's record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend Calzaghe's record

We've done this before but it appears some new fans have forgotten or dont know.

Okay, please anyone use facts to defend this record:

This is between his fight with Chris Eubank(1997) and nearly 10 years later Jeff Lacy (2006) who by all accounts is a bum but at the time was an undefeated contender that was someone that Joe should have fought. I'm going to comment on some of these but in reality all of these could easily have funny comments next to them:

2006-03-04 168 Jeff Lacy (Bum/Never was)

2005-09-10 Evans Ashira (who?)

2005-05-07 Mario Veit (notable because it took place in Germany)

2004-10-22 Kabary Salem (notable because it took place in Scotland which technically is another country lol. Also Calzaghe went down in round 4 and was headbutting intentionally and penalized for it.

2004-02-21 Mger Mkrtchyan (Great name. Who the ****? Also notable for being held in an ice rink in Wales).

2003-06-28 Byron Mitchell (Calzaghe down in the 2nd)

2002-12-14 Tocker Pudwill (i'll let the name do the joke here)

2002-08-17 Miguel Angel Jimenez

2002-04-20 Charles Brewer

2001-10-13 Will McIntyre (Notable for Denmark)

2001-04-28 Mario Veit

2000-12-16 Richie Woodhall

2000-08-12 Omar Sheika

2000-01-29 David Starie

1999-06-05 Rick Thornberry

1999-02-13 Robin Reid (Many people think he LOST this fight. Regardless it was a close fight)

1998-04-25 Juan Carlos Gimenez Ferreyra (Ice Rink hahahaha)

1998-01-24 Branko Sobot

1997-10-11 Chris Eubank (Weight drained, way past his prime)

Really? That makes him an ATG? This record? But wait he was afraid of flying.

Or was he?: Calzaghe only afraid of flying when it came to fighting"

I guess I'll wait for the usual folks to try to defend this.

46-0...../thread

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      46-0...../thread
      How do you feel about Sven Ottke?

Comment

46 tried, 46 failed.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
          46 tried, 46 failed.
          Haye has 300000 times the guts as Calzaghe.

Comment

Calzaghe was very good but it's ridiculous how overrated he is. He's openly admitted avoiding the best guys in their prime. People try to point to the Lacy win just because Lacy was considered the favorite. That doesn't really make sense though considering it's quite obvious how overhyped Lacy was. I'm not saying Cokin' Joe is a bum but I laugh when people talk about how great he was and how he'd beat Ward etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Silky Smooth View Post
              Calzaghe was very good but it's ridiculous how overrated he is. He's openly admitted avoiding the best guys in their prime. People try to point to the Lacy win just because Lacy was considered the favorite. That doesn't really make sense though considering it's quite obvious how overhyped Lacy was. I'm not saying Cokin' Joe is a bum but I laugh when people talk about how great he was and how he'd beat Ward etc.
              He would beat ward. In a "punches thrown per round" metric and at snorting coke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                He would beat ward. In a "punches thrown per round" metric and at snorting coke.
                Yea that's about it

Comment

Calzaghe fights like a queer punching his way out of spiderwebs. That's one reason not to like him.

Never mind the fact that he is part of the grab-a-belt-and-defend-it-indefinitely system, and one of it's poster boys. Zolte Erdei and Dzindurak come to mind as similar fighters in that regard.

I guess all of this is justified because he managed to get two wins in a row over American ATG's on their soil to retire on, at the tail end of his career. In retrospect, retiring off of a Roy Jones win (and still got knocked down in the process) looks bad. Especially since Rjj was now being used as gate keeper/stepping stone for C level guys a few fights later.

*Sidenote*: *Keep in mind that I'm one of the guys who just defened The Klitscho's in the other thread for pwning America by going up against their main superstar on May 4, not caring for their market or it's fan base.

Comment

How the British conquered India

http://www.drishtikone.com/how-briti.../#.USbRSKU4ut8

Lead Cenobite (aka bsrizpac) RESENTS the British because with a small number of soldiers, they conquered India.

That why he has such a hatred for Joe Calzaghe - because Joe is British.
                    Last edited by The Hammer; 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X