No announcement yet.

Battle Of The Bums: Clottey VS Cintron

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HandSpeed303 View Post
    So his hyper extended knee had nothing to do with it? You do remember he got body slammed in that fight right? You do remember the flow of the fight drasticly changing right? Not to mention, you could see he was clearly bother by the leg for 2 or 3 rounds.

Cotto's left hook? Really?

Anyway, maybe your saw something I didn't.
    it was a close fight but from rd 8 on i just saw so many oppertunities for clottey and he didnt act at all. he looked weary of cottos power even with one eye. its a fight he could have won if he wanted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Both men are the best at what they do, throwing fights. They are solid could have beens. Claims to fame, Cintron pulled off a draw in which he got knocked out against Martinez, Clottey could have beaten a one eyed Cotto but was so scared of that left hook he let his large window of oppertunity fly away. Blemishes on their records, Kermit actually leap frogged out of the ring against Williams which in retrospect he could have won. Joshua landed uppercuts at will on Pacquiao but peekabood his way to a unanimous loss. Finally their day has come to sttle once and for all who wants it less.

To edit this thread is for fun. Both men are solid journeymen but their heart and in ring antics are definitely weak.
      You should be a promoter. I want to see them fight now.

Comment

Supahfly Cintron will do a WWE movement and fly outta da ring like Kristofa Reeves. Ain't nuthing gonna penetrate Clottey as he's like da Dragon Skin tho.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          weren't you the same dude crying about people who dont fight calling people who do bums?
          i dont really feel their bums it was just for the title.

Comment

I hate non-fighters calling other pro fighters bums. You wouldn't have the guts to tell that to their face.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              it was a close fight but from rd 8 on i just saw so many oppertunities for clottey and he didnt act at all. he looked weary of cottos power even with one eye. its a fight he could have won if he wanted it.
              I saw Cotto do what he does (as of late) whenever he can't KO a fighter...Floor it in full reverse. Cotto was not effective in the late rounds either...

Anyway, I hear you. The record book say's he lost, I say he won...In reality, it doesn't matter what I say.

Comment

Clottey has always been like that. He was doing ok agaisnt Margarito, then covered up like a chicken and let Margarito break punchstat records. He was beating Baldomir, but then DQed himself for being an idiot with headbutts. He let off the gas against Cotto and lost the fight. He never came out of his shell against Pacquiao. Hell, he even had multiple opportunities to KO a way smaller shot Corrales and never followed through.

The man cuts an enormous amount of weight to make WW. this kills him late in the fight, he has no stamina. and hes not very skilled either, the reason he cuts so much weight is so he can use his very generic guard, wait until the opponent is done, and then try his offense. Its very basic, and hes gotten away with it because he is huge for the weight class.

When the going gets tough, Clottey gets going. in the opposite direction.

thats why I was laughing at people that tought he had any sort of chance against Pacquiao. have they evever even watched his fights?

Comment

Clottey takes this. He is a really good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                    Clottey has always been like that. He was doing ok agaisnt Margarito, then covered up like a chicken and let Margarito break punchstat records. He was beating Baldomir, but then DQed himself for being an idiot with headbutts. He let off the gas against Cotto and lost the fight. He never came out of his shell against Pacquiao. Hell, he even had multiple opportunities to KO a way smaller shot Corrales and never followed through.

The man cuts an enormous amount of weight to make WW. this kills him late in the fight, he has no stamina. and hes not very skilled either, the reason he cuts so much weight is so he can use his very generic guard, wait until the opponent is done, and then try his offense. Its very basic, and hes gotten away with it because he is huge for the weight class.

thats why I was laughing at people that tought he had any sort of chance against Pacquiao. have they evever even watched his fights?
                    took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post

I have always looked at it like this...Clottey is a snake bit fighter. I agree with you on the note that when something does go wrong in a fight (in Clottey's case it is injury) he mentally checks out.

Margo fight = hand injury-Clottey went bye bye

Cotto fight = Leg injury -Clottey went bye bye

Baldie = You can't really blame him for that...He had that fight in the bag. Things like that tend to happen fighting in another fighters back yard.

Judah = He looked very strong all fight. Thank good ness it stopped when it did, cause Clottey got a bicep injury in the round the fight was stopped.

The Pac fight = As I have always said, Clottey was a victim of his own style that night. Very true that Clottey is a counter puncher, but he is the sort of cover up, then retaleate type of counter puncher. Pac kept him in his shell with a very high volume of power shots...

The fights that Clottey did not sutain an injury (beside Pac) he looked very good in. Sure Chico was coming up in weight, but Clottey looked good. The Alverez (think that was his name) fight on Vs, Clottey looked good.

Dude is not a bum. It just seems that he checks out when in pain, or the first sign of an injury. Snake bit.

Also: I don't think stamina is his issue.
                      Last edited by HandSpeed303; 05-14-2011, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X