Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I REALLY the only person NOT really interested in a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I REALLY the only person NOT really interested in a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight?

I keep seeing how people only hope to see Pacquiao win this Saturday..so they could see Pacquiao-Mayweather..

but I lost MAD interest in this fight..after seeing how big and strong Mayweather was against JMM it made me realize that Pacquiao shouldn't be at Welterweight with a PRIME fighter like Cotto or much less Mayweather..

I think Pacquiao stepped over a line he shouldn't have crossed in fighting Cotto..P4P Pacquiao might beat Cotto...but at Welterweight I highly doubt it..

Now I know JMM wasn't use to the weight and that he was much slower and Mayweather didn't come in at 144lbs like he was suppose to...but still..it was a SHUTOUT!..and JMM still has GREAT DEFENSE and was taken to SCHOOL!..

I strongly believe that the style matchup for Mayweather-Pacquiao is horrible and would be a one-sided and eventual KO for Mayweather..

It's only my opinion..but I haven't noticed anybody else object to the thought of this fight..so I was only wondering if anyone else felt the same..

Besides..say Pacquiao wins..he'll be the WBO Welterweight Super Champion..will he dare fight Mayweather at 147lbs?..

Will your opinion change if Pacquiao beats Cotto?

I like the match-up because I think it's the most dynamic and effective offense in boxing vs the most complex hard to break down defense in boxing colliding. Unstoppable force meets immovable object type thing.

The size difference is negligible and these are the two greatest boxers of our era so it has to happen - it's a very rare occasion we get an opportunity for a fight of this magnitude to come off.

Comment

It all depends on Nov 14

/thread

Comment

Even if Pacquiao beats Cotto, I will have no doubt in my mind that Mayweather would wipe the floor with him. For the accolades, the fight should be made, but in terms of competitiveness... it's pretty silly. Mayweather is the TRUTH.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
          Will your opinion change if Pacquiao beats Cotto?

I like the match-up because I think it's the most dynamic and effective offense in boxing vs the most complex hard to break down defense in boxing colliding. Unstoppable force meets immovable object type thing.

The size difference is negligible and these are the two greatest boxers of our era so it has to happen - it's a very rare occasion we get an opportunity for a fight of this magnitude to come off.
          Maybe..it depends on the fashion he beats Cotto if he does..

If Cotto just gets KTFO flat on some hatton type ****..than I'd be a lil psyched..

but I don't see it happening..but as the days go by..I see Mayweather being a lil too much for Pacquiao..and don't see it being competitive at all..

Comment

I don't see how anyone can be interested in a Mayweather fight.

Comment

I am with E. I have never been interested in a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. I just don't think that fight would be exciting at all and it would be a waste of money IMO.

Comment

am interested because pacmans speed and aggression will give mayweather a few issues

i fully expect floyd to stop pacman!!!

its the only bonus if pacman beats cotto for me!!

Comment

I'd rather watch Mosley vs. Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
                    I keep seeing how people only hope to see Pacquiao win this Saturday..so they could see Pacquiao-Mayweather..

but I lost MAD interest in this fight..after seeing how big and strong Mayweather was against JMM it made me realize that Pacquiao shouldn't be at Welterweight with a PRIME fighter like Cotto or much less Mayweather..

I think Pacquiao stepped over a line he shouldn't have crossed in fighting Cotto..P4P Pacquiao might beat Cotto...but at Welterweight I highly doubt it..

Now I know JMM wasn't use to the weight and that he was much slower and Mayweather didn't come in at 144lbs like he was suppose to...but still..it was a SHUTOUT!..and JMM still has GREAT DEFENSE and was taken to SCHOOL!..

I strongly believe that the style matchup for Mayweather-Pacquiao is horrible and would be a one-sided and eventual KO for Mayweather..

It's only my opinion..but I haven't noticed anybody else object to the thought of this fight..so I was only wondering if anyone else felt the same..

Besides..say Pacquiao wins..he'll be the WBO Welterweight Super Champion..will he dare fight Mayweather at 147lbs?..
                    I only want to see this fight so all the ******* nuthuggers go back in their holes and stay in the JMM vs ******* III threads.... thats where they belong

Comment

Working...
                    X