No announcement yet.

Yuri Foreman's WIFE: "I should've PUNCHED Mercante in the face"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Foreman's WIFE: "I should've PUNCHED Mercante in the face"

"They had to stop it. He wasn't in any condition to continue fighting. Why put him in the situation of getting hurt more? There was no use continuing. He wasn't going to win. There was no miracle that was going to happen. What was the point? Maybe I should just punch the referee in his face."

- Leyla Leidecker

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/mo...n_stopped.html
    0.00%
    8-9
    20.00%
    6-7
    0.00%
    4-5
    20.00%
    1-3
    50.00%
    Mercante is a douche
    10.00%
    Last edited by SuckaPunch; 06-07-2010, 02:20 PM.

My fault, duplicate thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=395924

Please delete this thread

Comment

I understand her completely. But even when Mercante was trying to clear the ring, he kept asking Yuri if he wanted to continue.Yuri said yes. I don't think the ref did anything wrong.

Comment

shes ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by prtyboybladeage View Post
          I understand her completely. But even when Mercante was trying to clear the ring, he kept asking Yuri if he wanted to continue.Yuri said yes. I don't think the ref did anything wrong.
          95% of fighters would say keep fighting even if they're badly injured.

It is the referee's responsibility to protect the fighters. God forbid had something bad happened to Foreman after the knee injury, Mercante would be in jail right now.

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
            95% of fighters would say keep fighting even if they're badly injured.

It is the referee's responsibility to protect the fighters. God forbid had something bad happened to Foreman after the knee injury, Mercante would be in jail right now.
            We can't act like we are dealing with little kids here though, Yuri is a grown man and knew the risks going into this.

After the injury he could have chosen to quit anytime he wanted, Mercante simply didn't allow that choice to be taken away from him.

Comment

Arthur Mercante Jr. is my favorite ref. He did a great job Saturday night and you could tell he had a lot of respect for Foreman. I can see why his wife is pissed but Mercante made the right call.

Comment

MERGE!! Mods.

Comment

She should shut up and remember her husband is a proud champion. This is a man's sport.

Comment

Working...
                  X