Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lara Vs. Canelo WHO WON?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo won the fight. Lara was the challenger and he didn't look like it at all he didn't look like he was willing to go the extra mile to become champion. Sure Lara made Canelo miss a lot but much of the fight was dull because of Lara. I like elusive styles but Lara wasn't slick, he pretty much ran against Canelo, I'm not gonna lie.

Didn't like the fight it sucked let's all move on. Canelo was the better man that night.

Comment

I think I had it 7-5 Canelo.

It was close and I could understand someone saying draw or 7-5 Lara.

But man I don't care what all you guys that love "slick" boxers say...Lara was literally running in the ring that night and I'm happy he didn't get the decision. If he never gets another big fight its his own fault.

Comment

Canelo won.

Lara won the early rounds, but once that body attack started, Lara's output dropped and he was moving without throwing.

Comment

Lara took it

Comment

Lara won clean punching ring generalship and defense 116-112

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
              For Canelo Alvarez:

Doug Fischer, ******.com.

Alvarez, 115-113.

Norm Frauenheim, THE RING magazine, www.15rounds.com

Alvarez, 116-114

Jeffrey Freeman, www.KODigest.TV

Alvarez, 115-113

Close fight but the right man won it. Lara was more on his bicycle than demonstrating quality ring generalship.

Tom Gray, ******.com

Alvarez, 116-113

Andreas Hale, KnockoutNation.com

Alvarez, 115-113

The fight was right there for Lara to take, but those offensive lapses torpedoed his chances with the judges.

Diego Morilla, XN Sports

Alvarez, 115-113

Kenny Porter, trainer of IBF welterweight titleholder Shawn Porter

Alvarez, 116-112

I was there and I was caught in the emotion of the event and the crowd. Not the best way to score a fight, but this is how I felt. 8-4 Canelo.

Abel Sanchez, trainer of WBA 160-pound titleholder Gennady Golovkin

Alvarez, 115-113

I thought Lara gave the fight away. He could have out-boxed Canelo easily, but chose to use “that” Cuban style the American public dislikes. Also, Canelo did not appear to have much on his punches, slapped his body shots, but he still won a VERY close one.

Anson Wainwright, ******.com

Alvarez over Lara, 115-113.

For Erislandy Lara:

Corey Erdman, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Farhood, Showtime

Lara, 115-113

Lem Satterfield, ******.com

Lara, 115-113

Steve Stubbs, guest/fan, Germantown, Md.

Lara, 115-113

I gave 1,2,3,5,6,10 and 11 to Lara. 115-113, Lara

Bob Velin, USA Today

Lara, 115-113

Even/Draw:

Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Lara: 1, 2 (close), 3, 5 (close), 10, 11 (close); Canelo: 4, 6, 7 (close), 8, 9, 12

Lee Groves, ******.com

114-114

Keith Idec, The Record/BoxingScene.com

114-114

Ryan Maquinana, CSNBAYAREA/BoxingScene.com

114-114

John J. Raspanti, Doghouseboxing.com/KO Monthly Magazine/examiner.com

114-114

Cliff Rold, BoxingScene.com

114-114

Michael Rosenthal, THE RING Magazine

114-114

Franciso Salazar, ******.com

114-114
              pretty much sums it up

Comment

I don't know how you can give it to Lara! The dude practically ran backwards all night. You can't win a fight running backwards. That's not boxing that's running

Comment

i had it 115-114 canelo.

i had the 11th round even, and i usually dont score even rounds. so other possible outcomes i could have had were 115-113 canelo or a draw. this fight wasn't a robbery by any means. it really comes down to whether you liked canelo's body punching or lara's head punches. i personally thought canelo did some great body work (i love body punching) and i gave him credit for being the aggressor. outside of the 11th round, i thought it was a fairly easy fight to score. the championship rounds were the deciding factor on my scorecard. pretty good fight considering the amount of movement lara gave.

as a side note, this score is based off of a video taken from inside the arena and not the televised version. it's actually a pretty nice quality video and no bias/persuasion from the commentators. i believe i had it a draw or 115-113 win for lara when i watched the showtime broadcast. close, close fight.

Comment

Meh....comes down to preference.

Lara didn't do enough to take it from the sport's golden goose. Whether you thought he won 7 rounds or not it comes down to shining on the big stage and he didn't do that.

Comment

Canelo won it with his body attack. This is one fight I'd like to rewatch, but I can't find it anywhere online.

Comment

Working...
                      X