No announcement yet.

did canelo look drained?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    I don't think you understand boxing , your pic will be how he looks on fight night , boxers have been making 10-20 pds lower weight for a long time and from memory they ALL look much lighter and drawn at the weighin than weeks earlier .
    Not sure how many people here have cut weight before, but it's an art. I cut weight for wrestling, not boxing, but you do not want to be on weight the day before weigh in as Canelo said he is, especially if you intend to rehydrate 15+ pounds.

You do not want to be at weight the day before, you want to be a few pounds over and make weight the day of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
      Not sure how many people here have cut weight before, but it's an art. I cut weight for wrestling, not boxing, but you do not want to be on weight the day before weigh in as Canelo said he is, especially if you intend to rehydrate 15+ pounds.

You do not want to be at weight the day before, you want to be a few pounds over and make weight the day of.
      He wasn't on weight the day before , he said he knew he would make it the day before , listen carefully to what he says .

Comment

• Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        it's obvious that canelo doesn't really belong at 154....but he didn't look that much drained compared to his last fight...
        He cant make 147 and 160 is too big for him , right now JMW seems a perfect division for him .

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Mikey Garcia was drained in the JuanMa fight, this isn't even close to being drained, Canelo is ready to go, he's gonna up 15-20 lbs tonight and be ready for tomorrow.
          Man I hope so, I hope he didn't take on board any bullcrap broscience from De La Hoya on cutting weight. Hopefully he didn't cut too much and will rehydrate by no more than 15 pounds he'll do best at 167 imo.

Comment

• canelo overall physique is comparable to Gandhi's when he went on a hunger strike.

I don't know if he's capable of re-hydrating with that kind of physique. wow

Comment

• Originally posted by E.P.T. View Post
              Canelo drains himself to make 154, what makes people think he's not drained making 152?
              No he doesn't man, he doesn't dehydrate himself anymore than the average fighter for their respective division. People are getting too hyped for the one fight where he came in at 170. How many other fights has Canelo come in at 170 on fight night. He's not as big as people make out, he's just a fully fledged light middleweight.

Comment

• I thought canelo looked a lil thin but he wasnt a walking stick or anything like that and the fact that he sat down while waiting for the weight in to start kinda made me wonder but I'm not gonna based anything off just that until tomorrow night and see where canelo is at first.

Comment

• I think both fighters looked good for the weigh in. Canelo did look thin but did not look like odlh vs pacman. I think mayweather will be at 149 fight night and Canelo will be at 168.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Your an idiot , Oscar was 2 lbs below the official weight and needed IV fluid infusions to make 147 on fight night .

Canelo was spot on and will be 168-170 on the night , said he was on weight yesterday and he had no problems making it .

I think Floyd fcked up Canelo will be very big on the night .
                    Actually Canelo said losing weight to make the 152 CW was the hardest part of the whole process. To actually say that to the world shows how bad it must have been to do and how much it took out of him. I thought he would hide that fact just so he doesn't divulge any weaknesses that he may have had to the Money team.

If you checked out the Showtime weigh-in, the crew at Showtime all said the same thing in that there was nothing left to lose for Canelo. They also discussed the possibilty of Canelo being drained or that the CW took something extra out of Canelo ........

Comment

Working...
                    X