Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd has basically been a world champion for 14 years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You ask people whats your favorite Ko or fight nobody would ever think of Floyd plays it safe mayweather lol just kidding mad respect for what he's done for the sport.

Comment

When someone is this consistent it seems people start to stop appreciating him

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeniable View Post
        He's also the only boxer in history to beat the #1 ranked fighter in 4 different weight classes in 4 consecutive fights

DLH ( #1 at 154 )
        Hatton ( #1 at 140 )
        JMM ( #1 at 135 )
        Mosley ( #1 at 147 )
        Oscar was like #5 at 154

he fought Jmm at 147 and Hatton at 147

not bad wins just pointing out the truth

Comment

Longevity and consistency are where Floyd really shines because both are very rare in boxing.

You can say this or that about who or what he didn't fight but he fought plently of very quality guys and over the course of more than decade most guys even great ones will slip up at some point.

Comment

He is in the end I think going to be a top 20 ATG, with the talent to have been in the top 10, but not the resume unfortunately. He took too much time off, no ATG's, not enough prime great fighters.

His resume would be so much better if he had Margarito, Williams, and Pacquiao on there.

Comment

Originally posted by kill the body View Post
              Oscar was like #5 at 154

he fought Jmm at 147 and Hatton at 147

not bad wins just pointing out the truth
              Oscart was at no worse than 3 depending on where you put Daniel Santos and Cory Spinks. I mean would you really put Verno Phillips over Oscar?

It was a garbage division Oscar could easily be seen as number one, but that is more about a garbage division and past performance than how great Oscar was at 154.
              Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-18-2012, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Oscart was at no worse than 3 depending on where you put Daniel Santos and Cory Spinks.

It was a garbage division Oscar could easily be seen as number one, but that is more about a garbage division and past performance than how great Oscar was at 154.
                I would say Oscar was the best in the division, you can't tell me he would not have beaten the other top fighters. Problem was that by that time he was a part time fighter, either way I think it is Floyds best win.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  I would say Oscar was the best in the division, you can't tell me he would not have beaten the other top fighters. Problem was that by that time he was a part time fighter, either way I think it is Floyds best win.
                  That is exactly right, except that last part I don't really agree although that is a fair view.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    He is in the end I think going to be a top 20 ATG, with the talent to have been in the top 10, but not the resume unfortunately. He took too much time off, no ATG's, not enough prime great fighters.

His resume would be so much better if he had Margarito, Williams, and Pacquiao on there.
                    Well said, I can definitely agree with this.

Comment

I got respect for what Floyd has done for the sport but the guy is a little diva bitch. His hardcore fans are just as bad, defending his every move. FYI he did duck prime Cotto and Margarito. It's a good thing he did, otherwise he'd have a loss or two. Now we're just waiting on him to give Pacquiao a fair shake. 60/40 or something along the lines is much more reasonable than what he's offering.

Comment

Working...
                      X