Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Matchups That Got Made, Propose New Ones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Matchups That Got Made, Propose New Ones.

What are some of the weird matchups that got made in boxing? It's hard to explain what I mean by weird, but it's more of a reaction to news of a matchup and your first reaction is, "I didn't see that one coming" or "those two are fighting?" It can also fall along the lines of never thinking a match between two opponents would get made because of weight differences, or age, or skill level, or simply a matchup coming out of left field. For example, weird matchups often take place between great fighters who are on their way out and up and coming champions looking to build their resume. Finally, what are some weird matchups you propose might get made or should be made?

In my opinion, here are some examples of weird matchups...

Mayweather-Marquez
    Holyfield-Toney
    Chavez-Tszyu
    Marquez-Mijares

I hope other people feel the same way about weird matchups and whether they even exist.

Morales - Maidana

Comment

Haye-Valuev

for 6 months prior all the talk had been about Haye and The Klitschkos

then suddenly Haye-Valuev was announced when nobody had even mentioned the big lug

the size difference made it even weirder

Comment

pacquiao - dela hoya. pacquiao never fought about lightweight before this bout but dela hoya had the balls to challenge pacquiao and the one who set the terms to fight at welterweight. also, this was the fight pacquiao cemented his moniker "the mexicutioner"

Comment

Cotto-Pacquiao

Cotto was on a Pacquiao PPV undercard I believe against Morales...that fight was at 126lbs and Cotto was fighting at 140lbs..never saw those two against each other...much less Pacquiao pummeling Cotto

Comment

Canelo vs Josesito Lopez, Canelo vs Cintron lol well just a lot of Canelo fights

Chavez jr vs Martinez, Chavez jr wasnt one of my favorites n for sure I never thought he would ever make it to fight against Martinez dude sucked, but he made it n he also step in the ring against him which i never though it would happen lol

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
              Canelo vs Josesito Lopez, Canelo vs Cintron lol well just a lot of Canelo fights

Chavez jr vs Martinez, Chavez jr wasnt one of my favorites n for sure I never thought he would ever make it to fight against Martinez dude sucked, but he made it n he also step in the ring against him which i never though it would happen lol
              Canello vs Matthew Hatton lol wtf

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Morales - Maidana

morales - garcia 2

wladimir - thompson 2

Comment

Chavez sr was forced onto Tszyu by the WBC I think who somehow made Chavez the mando

Then after Kostys beat his ass silly, the crowd got mad like they didn't see it coming

Comment

Working...
                  X