No announcement yet.

Nba/NFL athletes at goalie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nba/NFL athletes at goalie

After seeing Howard put up an incredible performance, a performance that actually prompted a drug test after the game, I started to wonder who else could do great at goalie.

Howard himself used to play basketball in high school:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/07/02/tim-ho...champsionship/

Reminded me of your typical gritty defender, guys you can find anywhere, even at the park.

I'm gonna go with the guy in my avatar, Kawhi Leonard (however I could easily think of thousands). Great at anticipating passes, great defender, solid lateral speed, jumping ability, incredibly lengthy, and light on his feet.

Former star HS football player, played safety, this guy knows how to target a ball. Fantastic hand eye coordination.

6'7 230+, 7'3 wingspan, 11.5 inch wide hands (freakish), 8'10 standing reach.

That's some sick hand eye coordination doing a 180 at that speed, locating the ball and avoiding contact withWB's hand, all in less than a second, the guy he's stripping it from would also make a great goalie.

Wouldn't be surprised if a guy like him doesn't allow a single goal.

lebron could have walked on to the english men's national team at virtually any position.

Comment

Yeah cos just being big and athletic is all you need to be a good footballer

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh Jon View Post
        Yeah cos just being big and athletic is all you need to be a good footballer

goddamn right, johnny babe.

Comment

like you ****s could actually play real football!

Lol

I CAnt see from here!

BUT I CAN SMELL YOUR FEAR!!@@@@
          Last edited by Furn; 07-04-2014, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Nobody has become a footballing great by virtue of athleticism.

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
              Nobody has become a footballing great by virtue of athleticism.

cronaldo is freaking athletic, dawgbro. he can get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                like you ****s could actually play real football!

i know you aussies don't get much about thelticism that doesn't involve walking around naked in a desert, but you can hit much, much harder with pads on.

this is well documented, but it doesn't need to be if you've ever tried to take somebody's head off in full padding.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  cronaldo is freaking athletic, dawgbro. he can get it.
                  Incredibly skilled too. But yeah his athleticism certainly helps

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    goddamn right, johnny babe.
                    Ohhh I love it when you call me babe. You gave me a little twinge in my pants when I read that.

Seriously though the Mexican goalie has probably been the best keeper in the world cup and he's 6'1. You don't have to be massive to be a good goal keeper.

Comment

Working...
                    X