Clear All

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
    c for barely winning(or a draw) on my card everytime i watch it
    welcome to oblivion..

Comment

Originally posted by Brandish View Post
      welcome to oblivion..

Comment

I thought it was good. Just because he had a rough time doesn't mean he did bad. At his age being in there with a guy like Maidana was trouble for him. He dug deep and pulled out the win like a true great.

Comment

'C+' for the fight-- He did do modestly better in the back half, and 'F' for being a little diva before the fight.

Comment

B, he won and he fought hard to win against a guy who came to win also. He was still very effective even though Maidana was able to get him to the ropes frequently which is where Maidana obviously wanted to have him.

Usually when a guy gets put in a situation like that, which is getting in their opponents type fight they usually don't fare well and certainly don't win clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by -=Shade=- View Post
              'C+' for the fight-- He did do modestly better in the back half, and 'F' for being a little diva before the fight.
              Tell em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                B, i dont think any fighter with will have an a+ vs midana with gargia in his corner i just dont see it
                Well said, me either, Maidana is a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

Id say a b.

Thing is Maidana was training like a beast for that fight. Most didnt see that footage but it was plain to anyone that did that Maidana had the "eye of the tiger" throughout the entire preparation phase. Mayweather underestimated Maidana a bit I feel, along with the rest of the world. In the first 6, Money May was like a dinghy trying to stay afloat in a sea squall.. because he wasnt MENTALLY prepared for the sheer will and ferocity Maidana brought that night. Ive no doubt Mayweather believed he could tie up Maidana as easily as Devon did to defuse the power puncher.... but Maidana would not be denied even in the clinch.

I give Mayweather all the credit in the world for hanging tough throughout the fight..and taking bombs to the body and head with a brave face..it was through a combination of craft, guile, and grit that he eked out an official W over a very determined and prepared opponent and thats a good thing for his career and legacy.

He wasnt optimally mentally prepared though.. so that and the glove stunt puts him in the b range for me. People love to run their jaws... but the Maidana that graced the squared circle on May 3rd gives any ww a run for his money!

Comment

C- for the fight

F overall performance (pre fight, the clown thing, complaining to Tony)

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      C- for the fight

F overall performance (pre fight, the clown thing, complaining to Tony)

Comment

Working...
                      X