No announcement yet.

martinez: "it was a punch and not the knee"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    This is chess not checkers people. Hes not good enough to beat him. Sorry.
    Just good enough to stop your heroe's career P.Will wich still seems to be a hard feeling for your lil wounded heart.

Fukin Sergio is 40 years old and is a figther who always relied on athleticism and looked like shyyte in his last 3 fights so let's not act like he was finally "exposed" last night.

Comment

• Martinez was obviously a shell of himself but...did Cotto find the fountain of youth or something? Forget Martinez for a second. Cotto on spry, very very sharp, beautiful combinations and power like he still was at 140. Holy ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
        The nuance you are missing is he wasn't swearing up and down that he was 100 percent leading up to the Murray fight. Leading up to Cotto he was. He's not going to admit he lied in a post fight interview about his physical state to fool the fans into buying the PPV. Also he isn't going to admit he's a damn cripple... It's a pride thing.

But anyone that has a slight level of competence judging form knows Martinez was a shadow of himself in there. Whether from age, injuries, or inactivity.. Or a combination of that trifecta.

Having said that.. Cotto fought a very smart and defensively responsible fight... And looked very sharp.

So there are two stories at play here.
        Good post.

I agree on both points.

With that said, I doubt Cotto would even beat Trout in a rematch, although he looked very sharp vs Sergio the hype is getting out of hand. Cotto is small at 154, let alone 160.

Comment

• Originally posted by Syf View Post
          The nuance you are missing is he wasn't swearing up and down that he was 100 percent leading up to the Murray fight. Leading up to Cotto he was. He's not going to admit he lied in a post fight interview about his physical state to fool the fans into buying the PPV. Also he isn't going to admit he's a damn cripple... It's a pride thing.

But anyone that has a slight level of competence judging form knows Martinez was a shadow of himself in there. Whether from age, injuries, or inactivity.. Or a combination of that trifecta.

Having said that.. Cotto fought a very smart and defensively responsible fight... And looked very sharp.

So there are two stories at play here.
          news just in...........martinez actually suffered a concussion (which would explain his dizzyness and being off balance) this confirms everything that he told us..........."the truth of the matter is i got caught in the first round and never recovered. i was dizzy the entire fight" he also had a broken nose............the dude was literally hit with a punch in the first round that gave him a concussion & had him dizzy.

i am looking at sergioes medical reports and his own words. (his own words actually matches with his medical reports) in fact sergio claims his legs were no problem at all. he simply was concussed for the entire fight. (which would explain the dizzyness) open and shut case............enough with ignoring sergio & disparately putting words in his mouth. sergios medical reports now backs up what he's been saying the entire time.

open and closed.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 06-09-2014, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
            news just in...........martinez actually suffered a concussion (which would explain his dizzyness and being off balance) this confirms everything that he told us..........."the truth of the matter is i got caught in the first round and never recovered. i was dizzy the entire fight" he also had a broken nose............the dude was literally hit with a punch in the first round that gave him a concussion & had him dizzy.

i am looking at sergioes medical reports and his own words. (his own words actually matches with his medical reports) in fact sergio claims his legs were no problem at all. he simply was concussed for the entire fight. (which would explain the dizzyness) open and shut case............enough with ignoring sergio & disparately putting words in his mouth. sergios medical reports now backs up what he's been saying the entire time.

open and closed.
            Lol....

Serg passed hospital exams but that doesn't mean a thing. Have you ever had knee surgery? My pops did and his movement was severely limited compared to his prime. Good for walking around but... Hospital still gonna clear you, in the grand scheme of things that don't mean a damn thing from within the context of high stress sports. You just merely have to look at how Sergio was shuffling around and not able to put momentum in his punches to know his knees weren't letting him do what he wanted to do.

Add to that age and a long layoff with little to NO sparring in between... And you get an extremely rusty, dusty, injure prone Sergio

I'm giving Cotto a lot of credit.. But I think this contingent of people that think Cotto beat a Sergio that was at the peak of his powers are pretty laughable.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
              Good post.

I agree on both points.

With that said, I doubt Cotto would even beat Trout in a rematch, although he looked very sharp vs Sergio the hype is getting out of hand. Cotto is small at 154, let alone 160.
              I'm thinking Cotto wasn't that sharp or smart against Trout.. Cotto with Roach and Macmillan could beat Trout. Trout has shown he can be out pointed or bombed out. Lara, Canelo

Comment

Working...
              X