Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor vs JC Chavez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In their primes I think Chavez would wear him down, if Pryor passes the drug test. Pryor had more speed but Chavez would be undiscouraged put Pryor on the defensive with bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
      Whitaker was mostly stood in front of him and beat him on the inside.
      That was chavez in late 93,, not a prime chavez from 86-89,,, and whitaker was one of the most skilled guys ever,,, he is not a good one to compare to,,,

A prime vs prime,, chavez backs him down and beats him up after 6 rounds,,,

1. chavez can take shots and fire back

2. Pryor was really good coming straight forward and swarming in-n-out, but he was not good at fighting off the ropes, or fighting off his back foot,, he needed forward movement to be effective..

3. chavez has criminally underrated boxing skills,,, most think he was just a tough mexican that would crack the body,, but there was much more to him than that,,, He could move and jab if needed, fight from the outside, fight off the ropes, cut off the ring, had tremendous head movement and footwork to evade shots, and when you did land he had a granite chin and wouldnt blink, and could throw great combinations,, He was very economical with his punch selection, Had a great power in both hands,, He was a much more complete boxer than pryor,,, Only thing chavez lacked was floyd or roy type athletic agility but if he had that he would probably be the GOAT

4. pryor would attack early and win some rounds, but i think once chavez got warmed up and starting landing some body shots and straight rights, pryor would be slowed down, and then chavez would start backing him down and it would be a long night for pryor and he would be hard pressed to match stamina with chavez,, a prime pryor tired vs arguello in the 1st fight until he got the "mixed" bottle from panama lewis,,, Chavez will win 115-113 type fight

5.Pryor has never been in the ring with a prime elite fighter, arguello was close but def on the downhill slide and was higher in weight,,, Chavez has been in and defeated some of the absolute best in his era like rosario, camacho, mayweather, laporte,,, I think chavez would be in much better shape to handle a fight like this,,,

Comment

Aaron is going to be in Julio's face, and Julio is not going to know how to deal with it.Pryor by close decision, either 12, or 15 rounds.

Comment

No way!

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
          i think it looks more like chavez taylor, but aaron will finish on his feet for a points win
          Pryor could not take a Punch, he was put down I think it was 7x in his Career, once a an aging Cervantes and the rest bums, Arguello was well over his best weight and over 30 and near the end of his Career but it still took a bottle of the right drugs mixed up to keep him afloat against him, but Chavez he knocks him out, that's why Pryor avoided anyone with power and why they ran him from the LW division which was loaded with power guys, no way he holds up, Taylor showed and awesome Chin, Chavez breaks down Pryor much faster than Taylor and Ko's him, Pryor fought 1 old Cervantes at the end and 1 aging Arguello well over his best weight class, that's it, he fought no one else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rspen46 View Post
            Pryor could not take a Punch, he was put down I think it was 7x in his Career, once a an aging Cervantes and the rest bums, Arguello was well over his best weight and over 30 and near the end of his Career but it still took a bottle of the right drugs mixed up to keep him afloat against him, but Chavez he knocks him out, that's why Pryor avoided anyone with power and why they ran him from the LW division which was loaded with power guys, no way he holds up, Taylor showed and awesome Chin, Chavez breaks down Pryor much faster than Taylor and Ko's him, Pryor fought 1 old Cervantes at the end and 1 aging Arguello well over his best weight class, that's it, he fought no one else.
            - -Aaron made his debut at jrWelt vs HOF champ Cervantes and KOed him.

Cervantes closed out his career strong while you closing yours all wrong.

Big difference!

Comment

Working...
            X