Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does it take to know that you are into a girl after you start seeing her?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    just make sure your not feeling like this because you recently broke up and feel like you need someone...
    No it isn't that. Let me emphasize, as I said I broke up with my ex lady 6 months ago.

In fact, I made it a point not to see her or talk to her that much, in order that it wouldn't effect a later relationship. In fact, my former roommate got caught up in one of these situations, and he still can't break loose. Torn between the two lovers. He ended up seeing the second girl for an extended time, and then going back to the first one after they broke up.. however, he's still continuing to hold out hope that the second one will come back to him. The dude's a complete mess over it.
    Last edited by Drunken Cat; 09-09-2012, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      First date/shortly after meeting her. The feelings are there very quickly. However, I don't feel anything for most of the women I meet.
      I can sort of relate, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
        I can sort of relate, I guess.
        Yea its good and bad at the same time. I like not getting emotionally involved, because if I get rejected, she leaves etc, its like GOOD, I'll just go find some other snatch.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a girlfriend.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          Yea its good and bad at the same time. I like not getting emotionally involved, because if I get rejected, she leaves etc, its like GOOD, I'll just go find some other snatch.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a girlfriend.
          Yeah, I know what you mean. I was always that way. Preferring to keep it casual and non-committal. But that's also sort of led to some bad relationships in some cases as well, I think.

Everyone's different though of course.

Comment

I'm not really certain if this applies to most folks but in my situation, I knew right away.

As in the moment I met her.

I've gone out with a lot of girls, had extended relationships with some of them before I met my wife but none gave me that knot in the stomach feeling that I had when I was introduced to my wife.

Still remember how it felt. It's like poop but not really.

It was an unmistakable feeling and I told my self "This is it and I ain't f ucking it up".

Been married for 17 yrs with 2 wonderful kids and still going strong.

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post
              I'm not really certain if this applies to most folks but in my situation, I knew right away.

I've gone out with a lot of girls, had extended relationships with some of them before I met my wife but none gave me that knot in the stomach feeling that I had when I was introduced to my wife.

It was an unmistakable feeling and I told my self "This is it and I ain't f ucking it up".

That's a good story. If only all of us could be so lucky

Comment

No it isn't that. Let me emphasize, as I said I broke up with my ex lady 6 months ago.

In fact, I made it a point not to see her or talk to her that much, in order that it wouldn't effect a later relationship. In fact, my former roommate got caught up in one of these situations, and he still can't break loose. Torn between the two lovers. He ended up seeing the second girl for an extended time, and then going back to the first one after they broke up.. however, he's still continuing to hold out hope that the second one will come back to him. The dude's a complete mess over it.
                that's cool then...one thing I've learned when breaking up a long term relationship is you break up with her and her family if you know what I mean...many still keep a relationship with the girls family and that's unhealthy if you're starting a new relationship...
                but if you passed this already you good!

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab View Post

Man, I dig how you love your wife, bro. It sounds like you've been blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    that's cool then...one thing I've learned when breaking up a long term relationship is you break up with her and her family if you know what I mean...many still keep a relationship with the girls family and that's unhealthy if you're starting a new relationship...
                    but if you passed this already you good!
                    The family's not a factor in this case. That girl's from Vietnam, in fact. I've never met anyone in her family.

The buddy I talked about, his first girl is Japanese, and I think he knows her family quite well, and she also knows his family in the US. I think that is a problem for him, in fact he's pretty much told me as much. His second girl is from the Philippines, but he in fact went to stay with her at her family's place in the Philippines a couple times. He says they are serious Catholics. In fact, he's Cuban American, from South Florida, and he and his family are also Catholic, so I think all of this has created a lot of problems for him.

My situation is nothing like that however, thankfully.

Comment

That's a good story. If only all of us could be so lucky
                      Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                      Man, I dig how you love your wife, bro. It sounds like you've been blessed!
                      I really believe there's that woman out there for each and every one of us.

I really do.

I just lucked out I ended up with mine.

This may be it for you Nod.

Comment

Working...
                      X