Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Tony Thompson Finalized For March 5th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz-Tony Thompson Finalized For March 5th on HBO

LOS ANGELES - Fresh from a stunning knockout of Bryant 'By-By' Jennings and eager to continue his quest to be the best heavyweight in the sport, WBA Interim Heavyweight World Champion Luis 'The Real King Kong' Ortiz (24-0, 21 KOs) will make his first title defense of 2016 when he faces former world title challenger Tony 'The Tiger' Thompson (40-6, 27 KOs) in 12-round main event at the DC Armory, in Washington D.C.on Saturday, March 5 and televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark®beginning at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Looks like the calling out worked... and having no opponents available w/less than a month to go

As for the card as a whole...meh
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 02-08-2016, 01:51 PM.

Great. This old fool talked so much smack and I'm glad Golden Boy called this idiot's bluff and now he will get put to sleep. He talked his way into the fight let's see how much talking he does after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Great. This old fool talked so much smack and I'm glad Golden Boy called this idiot's bluff and now he will get put to sleep. He talked his way into the fight let's see how much talking he does after the fight.
      It's not a bluff if he actually wanted the fight.

Comment

Not bad at all, this is better than the original opponent they had lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          It's not a bluff if he actually wanted the fight.
          He said Ortiz and his camp were too scared to fight him. This old fool ain't ranked by nobody and Ortiz already knocked out Jennings who is 2X the fighter Tony is right now. The idea that he was scared or ducking Tony was preposterous. Tony simply wanted a paycheck and talked his way into a fight on short notice. I don't even think he believes he can win this fight but so be it he'll get a public execution on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
            It's not a bluff if he actually wanted a final paycheck
            ^corrected.
            schit fight, no interest whatsoever.

Comment

Shyt fight, I'd have preferred Dimitrenko.

Comment

Great match up, can't wait for the fight. Thompson should hopefully provide a stern test.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  He said Ortiz and his camp were too scared to fight him. This old fool ain't ranked by nobody and Ortiz already knocked out Jennings who is 2X the fighter Tony is right now. The idea that he was scared or ducking Tony was preposterous. Tony simply wanted a paycheck and talked his way into a fight on short notice. I don't even think he believes he can win this fight but so be it he'll get a public execution on HBO.
                  Jennings is tiny, just like Kayode. Ortiz has a habit of of picking on smaller men. Thompson at least belongs at the weight. This is better than the attorney he wanted to fight.

Comment

Shows how easy it is to make a fight when both fighters are interested and there are no obstacles. Ortiz is probably gonna put him to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                    X