Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will David Haye fight his mandatory Chagaev or remain inactive until summer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will David Haye fight his mandatory Chagaev or remain inactive until summer?

Chagaev vs. Haye would be a somewhat interesting fight. But will Haye fight Ruslan in the spring, or remain inactive until the summer?

"Inactivity ruins a boxer" - Cus D'Amato

I think Wlad is making a wise move by fighting Dereck Chisora in April instead of waiting for a fight with Haye (which will probably never happen anyway - I still believe Haye probably doesn't really want the fight and is just playing games).

Can't believe Sky won't just put Khan and Haye on the same card. Greedy ****s, the fight was almost done. WTF. That would do 1.25-1.5mil PPVs in the UK.

Haye will probably fight the easiest fight he can that will be considered a mandatory defense. If he can get away with not fighting Chagaev (not that hes worth avoiding now anyway) who knows? Boystov is injured right? Who's the #3?

Either way, he'll definitely want to get that Sauerland option out of the way.

Comment

If the fight is still tentatively scheduled for late June/early July then I can't see him doing so. Just not enough time between fights for Haye, plus there's the danger of losing the opportunity if Chags pulls the upset. If the fight gets rescheduled for late September or so, then yes it's possible, especially if the WBA puts pressure on him in the meantime to fight his mando.

Comment

I think Haye is too chicken-hearted to take the interim fight against Chagaev, even though Ruslan appeared to be shot in his last fight (against Walker).

Comment

I would have thought the Chagaev fight will have to happen now. As you say, it gets the final Sauerland option out of the way, and at this stage of Chag's career is a relatively easy night's work for Haye. Haye's last fight was against a southpaw (although it was almost impossible to tell lol), but more importantly he has been using Tony Thompson as his main sparring partner which is more or less as good as it gets in terms of preperation for a lefty. Chags is a tough dude, but i'd be pretty shocked if he is able to cope with what Haye brings.

There is always the risk though, on paper it's a tougher fight than Wladimir has against Chisora, but neither upset is impossible.
          Last edited by deadbeat hero; 01-05-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
            I think Haye is too chicken-hearted to take the interim fight against Chagaev, even though Ruslan appeared to be shot in his last fight (against Walker).
            David Haye needs to fight his mandatory and silence the crtics that say he is scared and that he lacks the heart to be a true champ.If and when he does fight this Chagaev guy he needs to be in top form and stop impressively so that maybe the fight will spring him into action against Wladimir K!!

Comment

Originally posted by -Tunney- View Post
              So he's too chicken to fight that bum Chagaev but he's gonna fight Wlad?

give it up Tunney, you lost the Haye war. He's gonna sign to fight Wlad, k.o him and then take Hayden up to his room after to show her what a Real Man™ looks like.

Your Hayte has obstructed your rationalism.

Comment

haye will wait for the brother klit. i do not think he would risk fighting chagaev, which is a dangerous fight for haye. pro-boxing is a business and he is in a position to make a huge payday win or lose, he would be a fool to risk that if he is going to retire this year.

Comment

Who knows? Surely it would make sense to get rid of that Sauerland option. But would Haye risk the payday against Wlad?

Comment

Originally posted by deadbeat hero View Post
                    I would have thought the Chagaev fight will have to happen now. As you say, it gets the final Sauerland option out of the way, and at this stage of Chag's career is a relatively easy night's work for Haye. Haye's last fight was against a southpaw (although it was almost impossible to tell lol), but more importantly he has been using Tony Thompson as his main sparring partner which is more or less as good as it gets in terms of preperation for a lefty. Chags is a tough dude, but i'd be pretty shocked if he is able to cope with what Haye brings.

There is always the risk though, on paper it's a tougher fight than Wladimir has against Chisora, but neither upset is impossible.
                    If he takes on Chags then it'll have to be a hasty low-key affair. The public are getting impatient at Haye now, and Chags is completely unknown among the casual fans in this country. They won't take kindly to that fight at all. Nor will it necessarily be an easy night's work for Haye. Chags look like crap in his last fight, but it could have just been an off night or a case of not taking his opponent seriously than any deterioration in his physical condition. The Meehan fight, which people also cite to back their position, doesn't count either. Chags looked fine in that one. This is still a pretty risky fight for Haye.

Comment

Working...
                    X