Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Edges Carlos Takam In Heavyweight Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
    Reyes gloves too, Takam kinda slapped sometimes, all baby joseph has so far is courage, decent chin and some handspeed, his skill is too basic but he has natural flow
    I agree he is aspiring B level, Duhaupas is a great contest
    Honestly, I can see Duhaupas having a fairly easy time walking Parker down and probably stopping him. Duhaupas could take ANYTHING Parker threw at him like he was eating a pack of skittles.

ANYtime Parker got touched he looked buzzed and he was sooooo sloppy it wasn't funny. After round 5 it was even more evident and magnified.

He needs a lot more work at a notch lesser than he faced tonight. He needs to work on his jab, defense and footwork...nothing fancy about this guy.

Comment

Man I'm dumb. Didn't even think about what time the fight would be on over here on the east coast. I assumed it would be sometime around midday...should have looked up New Zealand time yesterday

Gonna try to find it on YouTube

Comment

Young prospect takes a big step up in class, forced to dig deep and show character in a tough fight and comes through with a victory - only boxing fans could spin that into being something negative.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
          Tells me that only a fool from NZ believes in this massive flop of hype. Do you even think he stands a chance against the B level, let alone the upper tier???? This dude was flopping all over the place and winded after displaying a very slow pace and low work-rate. He is New Zealand's version of David Price....or maybe Audley-minus the gold medal!
          Hed still beat the **** out of any Aussie though inc fat Lucas, rabid kiwi hating colours are showing maayte
          Joshua would likely massacre him but his chin isnt impegnable and Parker can cash in and come again and learn from fighting more high calibre opponents, I really like Duhaupas as a gatekeeper, tough, long and decent power and fundamentals

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
            Young prospect takes a big step up in class, forced to dig deep and show character in a tough fight and comes through with a victory - only boxing fans could spin that into being something negative.
            If he didn't show grit-where do you think he would be? That is a good sign of character, BUT I think there are probably too many wrinkles to iron out.

Was I impressed with his performance-NO. The dude looked akward and clumsy-he was forced to move around and retreat a lot by a guy who walked him down but wouldn't let his hands go. He should have looked like a million bucks the way they have been pushing him lately....instead he looked like he has to go back to the drawing board even with a victory.

Comment

Parker would more than likely get ko'd by Duhaupas or any other similar level opponent
              but that makes absolutely no sense considering he just beat a better opponent than that

Where was the speed and power that has been so boasted about with Parker-the two main assets he was supposed to have? Let's not talk about the million flaws this kid has-he honestly doesn't even look like a major talent.....maybe him and Charles Martin need to fight. lmao.
              his handspeed and precision looked world-class to me. his power faded with his stamina and was never in the wilder, joshua league anyway

his stamina and defence were poorer than i'd anticipated, but his chin, heart and ringcraft were better than i'd anticipated. he's no more flawed than "champions" like joshua and wilder are, and he now has arguably a better single win than either of them do

Comment

Originally posted by Ham Porter View Post
                Well said sir

Comment

Originally posted by Pusnuts View Post
                  Hed still beat the **** out of any Aussie though inc fat Lucas, rabid kiwi hating colours are showing maayte
                  Joshua would likely massacre him but his chin isnt impegnable and Parker can cash in and come again and learn from fighting more high calibre opponents, I really like Duhaupas as a gatekeeper, tough, long and decent power and fundamentals
                  Before you try the patriotic note, you should know that 1-I am not an "Aussie" and don't hold any form of loyalty to Australians. Likewise Aussie boxing sucks ****. Do I dislike Kiwis-hell no! I just don't hold faith in Parker's skill set-nothing against New Zealand.

If I dislike an American's skill set, does this make me anti-American??? NO-I am calling it as I see it based on the individual-NOT the country they come from.

Comment

If Takam didnt slap and threw straighter shots hed be a total beast

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                      but that makes absolutely no sense considering he just beat a better opponent than that

his handspeed and precision looked world-class to me. his power faded with his stamina and was never in the wilder, joshua league anyway

his stamina and defence were poorer than i'd anticipated, but his chin, heart and ringcraft were better than i'd anticipated. he's no more flawed than "champions" like joshua and wilder are, and he now has arguably a better single win than either of them do

I would say that Whyte, Duhaupas, Stiverne, etc would likely beat Parker-those are opponents that were beaten very easy. This version of Takam looked like he was gunshy (a worn, aged fighter) but without reason to be.

Also, look at how easy those fighters were beaten (and in what kind of fashion) by Joshua and Wilder.When they were shown resistence then they looked smooth facing any problems that their opponents proposed.

His handspeed IMO looks so-so...nothing to base a selling point on. His power looks over-rated.

The very first time he was shown adversity tonight, he was squirming around, because like the sponsor for the fight (Burger King), he has always had it his way! Look at his body language...very uncomfortable-and it wasn't exclusively because the opponent was a step up in class, but it was because what his opponent was doing.
                      Last edited by damned1974; 05-21-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X