Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacquiao has had more favorable opponents than Mayweather since moving up....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killa Killa View Post
    That was still a good style matchup for Pacquiao....
    pac fought marquez 4 times, a guy that has his number, just a flat out horrible style match up for pac. You don't know wtf you talking about.

Comment

Pac has put it on the line consistently against fighters trained to kill him, there is no such thing as taking it easy for Pac, you never know what fighter will turn up that night, if they are going to be inspired or not.

How you can take it easy and make things favourable for yourself is not to fight like Floyd chooses to.

Joke thread. If Floyd isnt going to fight often, when he does people want Floyd to fight people who can do him real damage. Thats the trade off im afraid when you dont fight much. When you do fight often people dont expect you to climb mount everest every fight you see.

Comment

I was just looking back...

People quick to say Mayweather was cherry picking....but if you look at it, it's safe to say that all of those early fights Pacquiao had in the Phillipines are questionable...just there to build his record up....

Since his move from 130 he's fought guys in circumstances that fully benefited him....

He's good, don't get me wrong, but he has been a part of the right circumstances....

People 'Jones' on Mayweather but he actually took the time to take out the credible belt holders anytime he moved up....can't say the same about Pacquiao....

Pacquiao is like Notre Dame in the BCS National Championship game against Alabama....they were good but they got that far due to favorable matchups....

I want you all to really, really, legitimately look at this.....

A young Floyd dethroning Genaro Hernandez....Fighting a guy like Emanuel Agustus....Chop Chop....can we really say Pacquiao would have legitimately beat these guys at the time?

Freddie Roach didn't really change Pacquiao, he just had the right match ups....

REALLY REALLY LOOK AT IT FROM AN UNBIASED POINT OF VIEW!!!

I think Mayweather had to overcome more adversity in the ring......

At no point could you question Mayweather for PEDs or anything of that nature because you saw him box and leave everything in the ring.....prove his skill....

I'm just saying....Prince William ain't do it right if you ask me...If I were him I would have married Kate & Ashley....

Out!
        WTF, Pacquiao kills Marco Antonio Barrera but Emanuel Augustus/Burton and Chop Chop were a risk he couldn't beat. Get the lump out of here. Unbiased.

You know why Pac fought people you've never heard of in Asia? Because he's from there and he can't just get on a plane, fly to America, and have people give him fights. He was a no name fighter scratching out a f***ing living and steadily rising through the sport, not "building his record up."

Comment

That was still a good style matchup for Pacquiao....
          Disspear will you. Fighting great fighters is what its all about, and saying Pac had good style match ups is just reaching, and scraping the bottom of the barrell.

When Ali was about to fight Foreman did people say its a great style match up for Ali? No, i dont think so. Foreman plodded like a mummy didnt Ali say?

Only Pac haters who think they come up with genius excuses, but turn out to be turd of excuses. There excuses dont evolve. They use the same tired excuses, and when their excuses are addressed, the pretend they didnt here it, and repeat the same tired excuse again.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
            Disspear will you. Fighting great fighters is what its all about, and saying Pac had good style match ups is just reaching, and scraping the bottom of the barrell.

When Ali was about to fight Foreman did people say its a great style match up for Ali? No, i dont think so. Foreman plodded like a mummy didnt Ali say?

Only Pac haters who think they come up with genius excuses, but turn out to be turd of excuses. There excuses dont evolve. They use the same tired excuses, and when their excuses are addressed, the pretend they didnt here it, and repeat the same tired excuse again.
            Why did you prove yourself wrong then continue? Ali would always tell you if it was a mismatch, he taught he could beat frazier by dancing and jabbing but underestimated him. Your saying the thread starter is wrong but he is right. Your saying that the only prime elite counter puncher Pacquiao jus happen to be a bad match up for him? But it so hard to belive pacquaio was just a bad match up for these guys? See shows how biased and stupid you are the simple fact is Pacquiao is not THAT good and never has been.

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
              Why did you prove yourself wrong then continue? Ali would always tell you if it was a mismatch, he taught he could beat frazier by dancing and jabbing but underestimated him. Your saying the thread starter is wrong but he is right. Your saying that the only prime elite counter puncher Pacquiao jus happen to be a bad match up for him? But it so hard to belive pacquaio was just a bad match up for these guys? See shows how biased and stupid you are the simple fact is Pacquiao is not THAT good and never has been.
              Pac has fought lots of counterpunchers or bad style match ups but he still beat them. You can say Ali is trash cos he never fought anyone who danced as good as him and tried to counterpunch him.
              Ali gets credit for beating a great fighter, whether they were made for Ali isnt the point, Ali beat a great fighter, just like Pac beats great fighters.....something Floyd might do before he retires.
              Just cos JMM is the only one to have any success with Pac dont mean to say any counter puncher can cause Pac troubles or win.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X