Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(If it wouldn't be for the KO) Was the momentum in Solis' favor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (If it wouldn't be for the KO) Was the momentum in Solis' favor?

I was actually astonished with Solis. He managed to come through with some power shots and made Vitali even clinch.
    (If it wouldn't be for the KO) Solis would have won the first round and would have won the fight
    35.71%
    (If it wouldn't be for the KO) Solis would have won the first round but would have lost the fight
    14.29%
    (If it wouldn't be for the KO) Solis would have lost the first round and would have lost the fight
    50.00%
    (If it wouldn't be for the KO) Solis would have lost the first round but would have won the fight
    0.00%

Solis did appear to be getting the better of Vitali in a very close round. However, Herbie Hide won the first round against him and was flat on his back in the second. Making predictions on the outcome of an entire fight based on the first round is ridiculous, just look at the Hide-Klitschko fight and Pacquiao-Marquez 1.

Comment

Solis did not throw more counters than vitali landed shots, solis was also defending as vitali was the agressor

Vitali was winning the round

Comment

Definitley. He had so much momentum he couldn't handle it and hurt himself.

Comment

Originally posted by LETS GO VITALI View Post
          Solis did not throw more counters than vitali landed shots, solis was also defending as vitali was the agressor

Vitali was winning the round
          Exactly. Klitschko was pursuing Solis around the ring and was the agressor all the time. He already established control of the the fight with his left hand.

Comment

to be honest if I had to rate and point i'd call it a draw. I only watched th fight once, but it seemed impressively back and forth for a Klitschko fight.

Comment

Solis landed some good shots and mostly kept Vitali out. His strong defence and lightning hands would've won him a few rounds, but definitely not the fight. I think he gave a bit of a blueprint for taking rounds off Vitali, but unfortunately it's not one that Haye has the skillset to succeed with.

It really could've been an interesting fight.

Comment

I saw it as a pretty even round where Vitali started strong (unusual for him) and finished strong, with Solis doing decent work in between. Certainly not the "Solis was beating him up till he got injured" nonsense I keep reading on here.

That last exchange where Vitali landed the temple shot, Solis clearly missed everything. One thing is certain, the few shots Solis did land didn't appear to have the slightest effect.

Comment

defiantely not one sided like most klit fights... lookes like something worth watching.

Comment

Solis was wobbled by the temple shot which would have turned the fight in Vitali's favor. However, If it wasn't for the knee injury I believe Solis would've been able to continue but the momentum certainly wasn't in his favor considering how disoriented he looked going down.

Comment

Working...
                    X