Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Terrible" Terry Norris vs PBF aka Money May @ 154 lbs / 11 Stone: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Ray Leonard would beat the ever loving **** out of Norris.

Completely different levels.
    I don't think you actually answered the thread topic though?

I do agree that Terry wasn't an ATG. To me he is a solid HOF'er.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      I don't think you actually answered the thread topic though?

I do agree that Terry wasn't an ATG. To me he is a solid HOF'er.
      Who would win the fight?

I would probably lean on Norris. Floyd is by far the vastly superior fighter but Norris is a natural, big Jr Middleweight and Floyd has never been great there because he's just too small.

It would still be close but I think Norris natural size would be too much and he'd take a UD or maybe SD. Floyd's defense would definitely have him missing wildly but I think that offensively Floyd would struggle to make a mark.

In regards to HOF? Definitely.

ATG? Not even close.

Comment

Who would win the fight?

I would probably lean on Norris. Floyd is by far the vastly superior fighter but Norris is a natural, big Jr Middleweight and Floyd has never been great there because he's just too small.

It would still be close but I think Norris natural size would be too much and he'd take a UD or maybe SD. Floyd's defense would definitely have him missing wildly but I think that offensively Floyd would struggle to make a mark.

In regards to HOF? Definitely.

ATG? Not even close.
        That is basically how I see it. In fact your prediction for the fight is very similar to mine a few pages back.

He didn't have the mental game or a sturdy enough chin, or defence to be an ATG. You just can't see him standing up to a Hearns or Trinidad at 154, his chin wouldn't hold up, even if talent wise he is in the same stratosphere for me.

I think his career in a nutshell can be summed up in the 1 1/2 rounds against Julian Jackson, looked like a million dollars for 4 minutes, and bam lights out. That might be harsh on someone who achieved as much as Norris, he had a lot of defences and some very good wins but you always felt either genius or disaster was around the corner with him.

He is a tough match up for Floyd though.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          That is basically how I see it. In fact your prediction for the fight is very similar to mine a few pages back.

He didn't have the mental game or a sturdy enough chin, or defence to be an ATG. You just can't see him standing up to a Hearns or Trinidad at 154, his chin wouldn't hold up, even if talent wise he is in the same stratosphere for me.

I think his career in a nutshell can be summed up in the 1 1/2 rounds against Julian Jackson, looked like a million dollars for 4 minutes, and bam lights out. That might be harsh on someone who achieved as much as Norris, he had a lot of defences and some very good wins but you always felt either genius or disaster was around the corner with him.

He is a tough match up for Floyd though.
          I've not seen your original response but agree with everything you've said here.

Don't get my wrong Floyd's got a shot but against the naturally bigger men, the natural welterweights and certainly Jr Middleweights he's going to have problems. Floyd's pop wouldn't hinder Norris, despite his glass chin.

Same size? Floyd beats him with ease but size matters.

Comment

I've not seen your original response but agree with everything you've said here.

Don't get my wrong Floyd's got a shot but against the naturally bigger men, the natural welterweights and certainly Jr Middleweights he's going to have problems. Floyd's pop wouldn't hinder Norris, despite his glass chin.

Yeah I agree - the guys that were exceptional and started up high in weight anyway would have to have the edge over Floyd. People have to remember this would be Floyd going into his 5th weight division against a prime extremely formidable natural 154lber, who like Floyd had super athleticism.

Norris was athletic, fast, and powerful, he could box and fight aggressive too. I think Floyd's defence and skills give him a chance but he would have to fight the fight of his life to win. He didn't fight anyone like a prime Norris, someone of that natural size and ability.

Comment

So after heaping all this **** and negativity on Norris you finally come to the same conclusion that everyone with a brain has come to.

Terry was too good at too big naturally for Floyd to overcome with Talent alone.

Floyd would have to be a naturally bigger fighter. (bigger than he is, not bigger than Terry).

Which I conceded earlier that if they were the same size Floyd would most likely win, but since they aren't Terry Norris would more than likely be too much for Floyd to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                So after heaping all this **** and negativity on Norris you finally come to the same conclusion that everyone with a brain has come to.

Terry was too good at too big naturally for Floyd to overcome with Talent alone.

Floyd would have to be a naturally bigger fighter. (bigger than he is, not bigger than Terry).

Which I conceded earlier that if they were the same size Floyd would most likely win, but since they aren't Terry Norris would more than likely be too much for Floyd to handle.
                At no point did I dispute that Norris could beat Mayweather.

I disputed Norris being a great fighter, which he absolutely is not.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post

In fairness I think the only thing he has said with conviction in this thread is that Norris is nowhere near an ATG. I can see the logic in that - although Norris had one of the best ever runs at 154, and is generally considered one of the top 2-3 fighters in that division in terms of accomplishments, I think there are a lot of fighters who he would have lost to, and I think some of the guys he did lose to and would lose to aren't necessarily ATG's.

Comment

At no point did I dispute that Norris could beat Mayweather.

I disputed Norris being a great fighter, which he absolutely is not.
                    Whoa whoa whoa - he IS a great fighter.

He is just not an All Time Great fighter.

I don't think one respectable or knowledgable fan or pundit would conclude that Norris wasn't a great fighter. He was p4p top 3 for 2-3 years.

Comment

Leonard was on downhill. Norris could never beat a prime leonard

Comment

Working...
                      X