No announcement yet.

Plans for ggg if jacobs doesn't happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    I'm a fan of his but to be honest, he really needs to step it up and do whatever it takes to get a solid fight. Even if that means moving up in weight.
    ...like pay Jacobs more and make the fight.

GGG isn't moving up...not with those legs.

You'd think he had rickets as a kid.
    Last edited by Kigali; 10-14-2016, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I wish that were true, that he'd do it the Hagler and Monzon way, and he'd fight Lara, who wants to share a ring with him. Hagler shared a ring with ATG's SRL, Hearns and Duran...GGG won't get in the ring with Lara, who's very good but will not be an ATG, but he's the 2nd best option after Canelo. Jacobs follows as the third best
      Jacobs is a stiffer test than Lara.

He's bigger and stronger with KO power from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
        Lower New York is all mine now. If Lara wants to be a replacement fight should the Jacobs match falls through, I won't object. But Lara most likely gets annihilated and I doubt Golovkin would get much credit.

I'm also no stan, I'm one of his most reasonable fans on this dump.
        You're one of the more reasonable GGG stans I admit

Erislandy Lara would be the best fighter GGG could fight. The majority of fans agree that Brook is the best name on his resume right now. That was the #1 ranked WW. I think he should upgrade now and fight the #2 ranked JMW, Lara. In the words of Donald Trump, regarding GGG's resume "What do ya have ta lose?"

I mean seriously, come on, his resume can't get any worse. His next fight can be Jorge Linares at 157lbs and it would be looked at as a top 3 win for him at this point. Lara would really help his resume, especially if like you say, he actualy manages to annihilate Lara, which has never been done before. His fans were perfectly okay with him fighting dudes who have actually been destroyed before, like Rosado, Lemiuex, Rubio, why not Lara? Seriously, why not? When did Lara got beat so bad in his career? Jacobs and Cotto were/are fine in GGG fans eyes (Jacobs, for me, is a fine opponent) and they've been slaughtered before, Cotto by smaller fighters than Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Jacobs is a stiffer test than Lara.

He's bigger and stronger with KO power from both sides.
          More power, yes. Bigger, yes. Worse defense and weaker chin, also yes. Who's smarter? Lara. More accurate, Lara. Has better wins, Lara

Who is more likely to go 12 with GGG? There's a high possibility that it would be Lara. There's also a good chance of a close, disputed decision with Lara, which is I think what Golovkin afficionados are concerned about. The possibility of Jacobs going 12 with GGG is very low, which is what GGG fans want to see. Look, I get it, it's a subconcious thing, I know it's not even intentional. The defense mechinism is that "Lara is too easy, he'd get it bad" as a response, meanwhile, his fans are good with worse opponents because "No one wants to step in the ring with him"

Comment

Saunders said he is willing...

Order of preference for GGG's next opponent of your golovkin's team
            Floyd
            Canelo
            cotto
            Saunders
            Eubanks
            Jacobs

Comment

More power, yes. Bigger, yes. Worse defense and weaker chin, also yes. Who's smarter? Lara. More accurate, Lara. Has better wins, Lara

Who is more likely to go 12 with GGG? There's a high possibility that it would be Lara. There's also a good chance of a close, disputed decision with Lara, which is I think what Golovkin afficionados are concerned about. The possibility of Jacobs going 12 with GGG is very low, which is what GGG fans want to see. Look, I get it, it's a subconcious thing, I know it's not even intentional. The defense mechinism is that "Lara is too easy, he'd get it bad" as a response, meanwhile, his fans are good with worse opponents because "No one wants to step in the ring with him"
              I would love to see Golovkin fight Lara. I just don't see where the money is going to come from for that fight.

Lara got a million for an undercard fight with Delvin Rodriguez in Chicago in front of 12 people (I was one of them, lol).

It would be great if Lara got a mw belt to make it more meaningful.

I do hope they work out the Jacobs fight because Saunders is hopeless at this point.

Comment

Lara is too vulnerable for GGG's left hook which is one of GGG's great arsenal, and Lara is a bit too one dimensional. GGG can just stalk him down like he did in the Monroe fight and catch him in when Lara is doing is trademark 1-2. Lara doesn't even have a very good jab which makes it easier for GGG to handle, because GGG uses head movement when the guy has power like he did in the Lemieux fight and at the start of the Monroe fight, and Lara has a decent pop which I'll doubt GGG would just let him hit him.

I'll say GGG KO in 6

Comment

Lara was losing on the cards against angulo and got dropped twice. He dosen't have a very good chin.

Comment

Working...
                  X