Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Switch Hitting Isn't Taught More Frequently

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You basically are completely re-teaching everything over again.

Even most fighters who do it, only do it in certain situations against certain fighters.

Its not realistic to learn both stances with any real efficiency.

Comment

seems only a few niggs can regularly do it
      Really, that's actually how you post, type, talk on a regular basis? Or do you just get into some silly a** character for the internet?

Comment

You can't teach that, most of these damn fighters are not really that good just fighting Orthodox or Unorthodox lol

I only know of 2 guys that are really good at doing it and that is Rances Barthelemy and Terrance Crawford I'm not talking about just doing it a little bit I'm talking fighting rounds in either stance and still fighting at a high level. I'm sure these guys learned they can fight out of both stances on their own, I doubt that was something taught to them

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
          you're making it sound more complicated than it is. if you are comfortable in both stances and change while out of punching range it's not that big of a deal. if you aren't proficient in both stances, you have no business switching.
          Exactly, one has to proficient in both and not a whole lot of boxers are. There are world class fighters who find it difficult to switch hit but for you I guess it's easy.

Comment

Because its a waste of time and energy for most. In order to be successful at it you have to naturally incline to do it, not forced.

Comment

Working...
            X