Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fao smart people: how do we get the manufacturing jobs that left USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fao smart people: how do we get the manufacturing jobs that left USA?

Trump said he'd abolish Nafta and change our trade agreement with China. Would this succeed in getting back the jobs that left?

I don't think trump believe this but is hoping simple minded people would buy his BS and vote for him.

Read this simple minded trump supporters

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/490192...than-it-sounds

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
      Read this simple minded trump supporters

http://www.npr.org/2016/08/18/490192...than-it-sounds
      He said something about taxing companies who leave America yet sell their goods here... He said those jobs are gone... But the goods they sell can still be taxed when they come in... Not a trump supporter but that's actually a good idea

Comment

you cannot compete with a company that hires labor for pennies on the dollar if you have to pay american wages. you cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
          He said something about taxing companies who leave America yet sell their goods here... He said those jobs are gone... But the goods they sell can still be taxed when they come in... Not a trump supporter but that's actually a good idea
          Would you pay for a $2000 iPhone or $700 samsung? That's what going to happen coz US companies are competing against foreign companies. Unless Trump plans to make tax both iPhone and Samsung which will just increase the price BUT STILL WONT BRING BACK THE JOBS.

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
            Would you pay for a $2000 iPhone or $700 samsung? That's what going to happen coz US companies are competing against foreign companies. Unless Trump plans to make tax both iPhone and Samsung which will just increase the price BUT STILL WONT BRING BACK THE JOBS.
            I doubt that's going to happen... It's still an open market... McDonald's isn't going to raise the price of a Big Mac to $20 just cuz min wage is $15

Comment

I don't think it would hurt. If Trump could actually kill it is the question. I'd assume the congress &/or senate would need to agree to it too & I get the idea one or both would be a problem in getting it killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                If you tax foreign goods in the US making those goods more expensive, you can be certain that the foreign countries will do the same towards american goods.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  If you tax foreign goods in the US making those goods more expensive, you can be certain that the foreign countries will do the same towards american goods.
                  He said he will tax American companies who build their products in foreign countries yet sell it in the US... It will be foreign labor forces who suffer not Americans

Comment

Manufacturing jobs are never coming back to the US. The cost of living far exceeds what a company will pay someone to do a "manufacturing" job. The company will either use robots/computers to assemble machinery or pay to have them shipped over from a factory in Asia.

I do think we can replace some of those lost jobs with jobs rebuilding bridges, tunnels, highways and railroads. Also modernizing airports and upgrading protection for homes/businesses put up in areas that are in flood zones.

Comment

Working...
                    X