No announcement yet.

Loeffler said Cotto is the reason GGG isn't fighting Canelo in May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    Because Cotto fought Geale in June when he was supposed to fight Canelo in May.
    I've seen the video now, but doesn't that sort of go against everything they've been crying about? They'd still have needed time to "build the fight", so he wouldn't have got an instant shot at the title.

Comment

Might as well blame Mayweather and Pacquiao too, who knew they would decide to get together at that time and suck all the oxygen out of boxing for that time period. I am sure that had an effect on the desire for the WBC to push hard on their original plan rather than spread it out with that big fight later in the year.

Comment

So GGG v Jacobs first? Who's Canelo going to fight first?

In all honesty, I don't mind which part of 2016 this fight happens but it has to happen. None of this waiting 2 or 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Can't watch the vid right now, but I fail to see how that stops the fight happening in May...

Am I being thick or something?
          Nope, you're just seeing ggg put his career on hold whilst he waits for a big pay day. Dude is literally wasting his career a la Ward, I fail to see what ggg has achieved in the two years Ward has been out of the ring. Ward is recognised as the no.1 in his weight class whilst ggg waits for a payday against a junior middle's who have never fought at 160, strange.

Whilst Ward has defeated the likes of Froch and Kessler GGG has fought Willie Munson Jr and Rosado waiting for a chance to fight a shot Martinez, a faded Cotto and an unproven Canelo. Whilst rebuffing offers from the likes of Ward, Froch and DeGale.

Comment

Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
            Nope, you're just seeing ggg put his career on hold whilst he waits for a big pay day. Dude is literally wasting his career a la Ward, I fail to see what ggg has achieved in the two years Ward has been out of the ring. Ward is recognised as the no.1 in his weight class whilst ggg waits for a payday against a junior middle's who have never fought at 160, strange.

Whilst Ward has defeated the likes of Froch and Kessler GGG has fought Willie Munson Jr and Rosado waiting for a chance to fight a shot Martinez, a faded Cotto and an unproven Canelo. Whilst rebuffing offers from the likes of Ward, Froch and DeGale.
            But you're an idiot so its not surprising. The guy is consensus top 5 p4p, mando for the biggest fight in boxing and you compare that to Wards output in past 2 years?! Ward is recognized as #1 at his weight? The one he hasn't made in years? I know about Wards comical offer, but where are these offers from Froch and Degale you're talking about? You got links, idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              canelo's going to fight rosado then vacate the belt leaving ggg with his d-ick in his hand. you got played again!
              You're a boxing fan who supports cowardly ducking. Odd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post

What exactly should GGG be doing differently other than agreeing to fight someone two weight classes above him?

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                  What exactly should GGG be doing differently other than agreeing to fight someone two weight classes above him?
                  I'd like to see GGG face an opponent who isn't gonna fold before the fight even starts, these glorified mismatches against the likes of Lemiuex and Canelo haven't a hope in hell. A competitive fight/s and I will begin to take an interest in his fights, DeGale, Ward, the other title holders at 168 for instance.

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    I've seen the video now, but doesn't that sort of go against everything they've been crying about? They'd still have needed time to "build the fight", so he wouldn't have got an instant shot at the title.
                    If Cotto would've won he would've fought GGG in November 2015.

It seems like if Canelo would've fought Cotto in May and won Canelo could've made his voluntary in November and fought GGG in May 2016. So they were gonna give Canelo a voluntary from the beginning.

GGG only fighting 2 times next year is big news also. And also Loeffler doesn't plan on fighting a catchweight.

Comment

So if the fight had been in May and Canelo won, the plan all along was to let him have one defence before forcing him to fight them? Because that goes against a lot of the public comments that Loeffer was making back then about how the winner 100% definitely had to face GGG next for them to be OK with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X