Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people forget Lewis v Rahman 1...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people forget Lewis v Rahman 1...

Just a thought...

I've seen people saying tonight was the biggest upset since Tyson v Douglas. Well i don't agree anyway as i always felt Fury was potentially a stylistic nightmare for Wlad but thats besides the point. Why do people forget Lewis being knocked out by Rahman?

I would think that was a much bigger upset than Fury against Klitschko considering some people rated Fury as possibly the second best in the division behind Wlad, or not far off. I know some people didn't give him a chance but i think most would have agreed Fury was one of the better heavyweights outside of Wlad.

I don't know. Maybe Rahman was rated higher than i remember or know about but i always felt this was a huge upset that gets forgotten about.

Maybe because most people remember the way Lewis avenged that loss. With a brutal KO.

Comment

Yeah, Rahman beating lennox was a huge upset at the time, but quickly gets forgotten because of the brutal ko in the rematch..

Rahman upset was much bigger than fury beating Wlad..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Yeah, Rahman beating lennox was a huge upset at the time, but quickly gets forgotten because of the brutal ko in the rematch..

Rahman upset was much bigger than fury beating Wlad..
        Much bigger.

Comment

....and the way Lewis lost was shocking. That huge punch almost took Lewis head off. That was a brutal KO. It's actually one of my favorite KO's.

Comment

Lewis was not thought of an unbeatable champion at that time

Comment

If I recall Lewis was very disrespected during his reign. He didn't really get the credit he deserved until the Tyson beatdown.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Lewis was not thought of an unbeatable champion at that time
                Uh,, yeah he was... Lennox had been tearing up since the mccall fight, and was coming off wins over holyfield, grant, Golata, tua, etc

This was lennox at his peak.. He only had 3 fights after that and called it a career.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Just a thought...

I've seen people saying tonight was the biggest upset since Tyson v Douglas. Well i don't agree anyway as i always felt Fury was potentially a stylistic nightmare for Wlad but thats besides the point. Why do people forget Lewis being knocked out by Rahman?

I would think that was a much bigger upset than Fury against Klitschko considering some people rated Fury as possibly the second best in the division behind Wlad, or not far off. I know some people didn't give him a chance but i think most would have agreed Fury was one of the better heavyweights outside of Wlad.

I don't know. Maybe Rahman was rated higher than i remember or know about but i always felt this was a huge upset that gets forgotten about.

lewis was clowning around in the Rahaman fight...big difference. Also Lewis looked better in those years than Wlad has in two fights now...however the clowning takes away from Rahamns overall first win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    Uh,, yeah he was... Lennox had been tearing up since the mccall fight, and was coming off wins over holyfield, grant, Golata, tua, etc

This was lennox at his peak.. He only had 3 fights after that and called it a career.
                    Absolutely correct.

Comment

Working...
                    X