Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Tyson and Lewis have done in the 1970's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Tyson and Lewis have done in the 1970's?

I was talking to my granddad the other day and he believes Lennox would have done very well in the 70's, but he thinks Tyson would have struggled immensely due to his mental issues of folding up when being hit back.

How do you guys see this?
    Last edited by BigNuts; 06-24-2015, 12:02 PM.

I think Lennox could compete in any era and I personly think Mike could have done well then too however Tyson's success is debatable.

Comment

Tyson would literally crush eveyone in the 70's ,gone would be the athletic 6'3 plus guys he had to chase and replaced with smaller ones who stood right in front of ,you .Foreman would be the best one who at least had a punchers chance ,and Tyson would simply to fast and skilled .Cus being alive and younger would be with Tyson ,its a wrap!Who exactly is leveling Tyson ?No one was even alive like a 6'3 235 Ruddock,who Tyson walked through .

Tyson vs Marvis Frazier ,thats what 90%of his fights would look like.

Lewis would make Foreman look foolish and completely dominate Ali.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-24-2015, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Lennox has a good chance of being the best in the world, Tyson has a lot of success but wouldn't be quite as good as Lennox.

Both are major factors in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Lennox has a good chance of being the best in the world, Tyson has a lot of success but wouldn't be quite as good as Lennox.

Both are major factors in that time.
          I seem to think the same thing.

Comment

Hmm... the hallowed 1970's era. I think even 1970's Ali beats them both on the cards, too smart, athletic and versatile. Prime Foreman makes fairly short work of Lennox and Tyson, both get KO'd inside of seven rounds.

Frazier, Norton, Chuvalo, Shavers, all would've been wars and potentially winnable fights for Lennox/Mike.

They would've been in the hunt. Top ten heavyweights for sure. Lennox maybe Top Five.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shotz View Post
              Hmm... the hallowed 1970's era. I think even 1970's Ali beats them both on the cards, too smart, athletic and versatile. Prime Foreman makes fairly short work of Lennox and Tyson, both get KO'd inside of seven rounds.

Frazier, Norton, Chuvalo, Shavers, all would've been wars and potentially winnable fights for Lennox/Mike.

They would've been in the hunt. Top ten heavyweights for sure. Lennox maybe Top Five.
              Lennox MAYBE top 5?

Foreman 6'3 220 pounds with AVERAGE technique lost to J.young a 200 pounder who is about 6'2 with half of Lewis''s skills!

Lewis at 6'5 240/250 is going to be about top rank 5 MAYBE?

Still mind boggling how the 70's era brainwashed so many people!Lewis in the 70's era would look like Godzilla and Tyson would look like King kong a name Ali gave him ,referencing how scary he was.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-24-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                Lennox MAYBE top 5?

Foreman 6'3 220 pounds with AVERAGE technique lost to J.young a 200 pounder who is about 6'2 with half of Lewis''s skills!

Lewis at 6'5 240/250 is going to be about rank 5?

Still mind boggling how the 70's era brainwashed so many people!
                And Lennox was KO'd by Hasim f**king Rahman and you're implying George Foreman couldn't give him problems?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
                  And Lennox was KO'd by Hasim f**king Rahman and you're implying George Foreman couldn't give him problems?
                  And Foreman was DROPPED by J.young and saved by the bell vs Lyle who wouldn't even be Rhamans sparring partner,who was Tysons sparring partner.

Foreman needed SIZE to win ,he LACKED skills outside of a jab...Lennox wouldn't have joked with him and bullied the bully....Lewis hit harder and outsided him add in the skill ,well its obvious Lewis easily beats Foreman.He would have knocked Foreman out inside 4 rounds b/c that's the fight Foreman would bring to him.
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 06-24-2015, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Lennox Lewis beats all of them.

His skill level was high, he would be by far the biggest guy around, his jab would have given everyone serious trouble and his monstrous uppercut on the inside would spell huge trouble for the smaller guys when they got close or held.

H2H, Lennox Lewis is the best HW to ever lace them up.

Comment

Working...
                    X