No announcement yet.

Is Cuba The Next Philippines?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Cuba The Next Philippines?

I remember not to long ago the Philippines emerged seemingly out of nowhere with pac, nonito, gerry penalosa etc and boxing internet fourms were flooded with there rabid fanbase and then like a flash in the pan all their boxing stars faded away....

Philipines got a top ATG #1 P4P and a HOF top P4P,
    Cuba has.. Rigondeux who's pro career is no where near being HOF worthy and who's talents will probably end up on FNF

bad comparison

Comment

I think Cuba has tons of boxing talent but I dont think professional sports are legal in Cuba. You have to remember that the cuban boxers we see in the US are only the ones who defected so we don't get all of their talent. Also, im not current on the state of phillipine boxing so Im not sure if your implication that there are no more philippine boxing stars.

Comment

No Cuba is Cuba. Always has had top talent from day 1

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
          just amateur talent, thats it...

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret IV View Post
            just amateur talent, thats it...
            Talent is still talent. Also there was Kid Gavilan and Kid Chocolate to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
              That's what I was thinking... Cuba was always known for amazing boxing talent regardless of amateur or professional title.... Give respect where It's due

Comment

No

Cubans are highly schooled boxers and make pinoy fighters look crude in comparison

Comment

Originally posted by Snake... View Post
                  I remember not to long ago the Philippines emerged seemingly out of nowhere with pac, nonito, gerry penalosa etc and boxing internet fourms were flooded with there rabid fanbase and then like a flash in the pan all their boxing stars faded away....
                  Red K for a terrible thread idea or troll effort, no effort to proofread, and for inaccuracies and ignorant statements.

Comment

Did Roberto Duran have a follow up star?

Comment

Working...
                    X