Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many old school boxers might have used PEDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You literally have to suspect everyone. Doesn't mean that everyone used them, however.

Comment

were roids even invented then ?

Comment

A lot I believe

Comment

Depends on how far back you go. I doubt there were many before the 70's because people didn't really know about PED's then.

Who knows, it's hard to say and we will never know.

Comment

I'm sure boxers, along with many other athletes who've admitted such, were using amphetamines (greenies) back in the 80's

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
              You literally have to suspect everyone. Doesn't mean that everyone used them, however.
              I concur. I often find myself suspecting people of unfounded bull**** just because it cannot be proven otherwise. Hence my theory that Henry Armstrong was juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                I concur. I often find myself suspecting people of unfounded bull**** just because it cannot be proven otherwise. Hence my theory that Henry Armstrong was juicing.
                I think a lot of people hold the old timers in too high esteem tbh, I've always felt guys like Robinson and Louis were probably on PEDs.

I mean, Louis knocked out guys with crazy size advantages too easily to be all natural, imo. It's like Pac one punching Margarito... no way that happens without a little help. As for Robinson, I mean... the guy was flattening Middleweights despite being a natural welterweight... suspicious, imo.

Comment

imsure many tried but ive taken many ypes of steroids and they are more detrimental than helpful esp in this sport they make you physically and mentally sick

Comment

You may be on to something, T.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                      You may be on to something, T.
                      I think we need to get some super slow mo footage of their fights to see how they looked. If we can see the veins popping out like Peterson's, we'll know somethings up.

Comment

Working...
                      X