No announcement yet.

Carl Froch Decision Jean Pacal in a War, New WBC Champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    Well I'm American and i say Froch is one of the best super middleweights right now. He out boxed a boxer and took some of his best punches. He will be a threat to anyone. He made me a believer, because Pascal was no pushover.
    Yep i don't know why some fans get so sensitive, i constantly get rubbish from Wlad Owns about being a Haye fan but i don't care less. Most sensible people know that Froch put on a good fight.

Comment

yeah Kessler easily beats Froch ...i can also see Jermain Taylor walking his way to a UD. Mundine would also easily win a UD against Froch.

Froch just don't have the mental smarts about him and seems to also be a bit robotic and slow.....and for some reasons he keeps trying the superman uppercut which keeps missing .

Comment

1st Pascal is a Hatian fighting out of Montreal

2nd while that was an extremely exciting fight i do think there is a huge gap between froch and bute or kessler

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
          I wasnt impressed Taylor or Kessler eats him alive.
          I disagree about both really. You have to remember that Taylor likes to take the odd round off so there's no way it would be a shut out and with Froch's power it would be competitive and this is one of the fights I most want to see in 09. I would give the edge to Taylor but not by too much.

I think Froch would also be competitive with Kessler although I would give more of an edge for Kessler over Froch than I would for Taylor over Froch.

Comment

what a fight!!!...i couldnt believe knowone was knocked down-its was incredible. Froch landed big shots early but pascal came back with huge shots of his own...BOTH CONNECTING RITE ON EACHOTHERS CHINS!!!. They both showed great heart and i was so impressed with pascals camlness early on(with him coming over to england and everything). In the end froch was the better man and even outboxed pascal but pascal certainly has my respect. FOTY- and one of the best fights u will see.

Comment

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
              Well I'm American and i say Froch is one of the best super middleweights right now. He out boxed a boxer and took some of his best punches. He will be a threat to anyone. He made me a believer, because Pascal was no pushover.
              Great post, totally agree with you. People are hating on Froch already and acting like Pascal was a walkover. Pascal looked great in defeat and could still go on to have a great career, i'd actually like to see him take on Bute in Canada.

Comment

Carl Froch Decision Jean Pacal in a War, New WBC Champ

Froch gets 8 out of 10 for courage, chin and workrate, in my book but only 2 out of 10 for class. He was often wild, and his defence was non-existent. His frequent calling out of Calzaghe is laughable - he wouldn't be able to win a single round against Calzaghe. Kessler would also beat him easily, in my opinion. But I think it would be a pick-em fight against Taylor, who I believe is over-rated.

Comment

Much respect to both warriors and congratulations to the new WBC World Champion, from an American.

Carl, you have so far backed up your big mouth so keep going after bigger fights now as you certainly add spice to the mix.

I (unlike others on this thread) am not sure of who wins between Froch and Kessler, Mundine, etc. but isn't that why they fight the fights?

Comment

froch should fight bika. he would end up in pine box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                      Froch gets 8 out of 10 for courage, chin and workrate, in my book but only 2 out of 10 for class. He was often wild, and his defence was non-existent. His frequent calling out of Calzaghe is laughable - he wouldn't be able to win a single round against Calzaghe. Kessler would also beat him easily, in my opinion. But I think it would be a pick-em fight against Taylor, who I believe is over-rated.
                      I wish Taylor would read these boards, so he would see how often he is called "overrated" beside names like Kessler, whose resume Taylor obliterates.

Maybe then he would train to the fullest and catch up with his potential.

While Taylor may underperform, he is anything but overrated considering how many people rate him so poorly.

Comment

Working...
                      X