Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there ever be 15 round fights again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd rather see same day weigh in's come back before 15 rounders. Aside from a handful of fighters, nobody is fighting in their correct weight class.

Comment

Naw i do not think that or Bare knuckle 100 round fights will return either

Comment

No there will never be 15 round fights again , be like upping the blood alcohol limit on the road , not gunna happen .

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
          Naw i do not think that or Bare knuckle 100 round fights will return either
          lol 100 rounds and they punch each other 10 times .

Comment

I doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
              Looking back at when Ray Mancini beat up Duk Koo Kim and Kim died 4 days later of brain injuries. Fights were shorted to 12 rds afterwards by the WBC, then later on by the WBA and WBO.

But IMO other fighters have died in the ring since then, so why haven't rounds been shortened to 10 rounds so? Plus Kim had to lose several pounds immediately before the fight, that played a part in his injuries yet. I think the rounds should be increased to 15 rounds again.
              Should go just 7 rounds.

5 minutes per round though......

Comment

No, they'll never come back. I agree that there are many fights that can't end soon enough and that 15 rounds would be torture.

But it might be worth it for the 15 round classics we'd still get. 15 rounders allow for a lot more drama in fights. Slow starts aren't as big a deal as they are in 12 rounders and you get a lot more swings in momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  But if you have a knockdown, an even round, or a point deduction it defeats the entire purpose. And it's not like there are that many draws in boxing anyway.
                  Correct, knock downs and point deductions happen. But isn't that why we have 3 judges instead of 2 or 4? It's better to have odd numbers

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                    i think after 7 rounds, if two fighters have combined to throw less than 300 punches, it should automatically become an 8 round fight...title fight or not
                    hahaha.
                    Truth!

Comment

No way will there every be 15 rounds again. You have a better chance of having less than 12 rounds in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                      X