No announcement yet.

Boxers Reacts To Tragic Shooting Spree In Connecticut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lovci View Post
    They don't have to get rid of guns, just regulate them better. And foreigners can stfu when they have no clue or recollection of anything that has to do with guns. You are clueless, leave your opinions in your head.

First thing first. The mentally ill need to be looked at better, diagnosed better, and overall the American people need to be educated on this. Almost all homeless people are mentally ill. They are just disregarded and left to rot, they cycle in and out of prisons without help. So how do you expect a kid with signs of mental illness to be detected? Americans need education on this.

Before any of that happens nothing will change no matter what you do with guns.

-Get rid of gun shows. You don't need a background check at these. Completely asinine.
    -Get rid of assault weapons and clips over 6rds.
    -Extend background checks to one week for any gun. Not just 3 days for handguns.
    -Semi-autos seem pointless to me, Id get rid of them, but I see the argument to keep them.

Im an avid gun fan. I hunt like no other and my username represents that, but **** needs to be regulated. I own 3 guns myself and my dad has over 10. So I love guns, but come on.

Most of these crimes are done with legally obtained guns, so I don't want to hear any of that. More regulated states have also shown to have less gun crime, so don't give me that myth either.
    Great post. I agree with all this and I'm not a gun enthusiast. Never fire one and I don't intend to buy one either. Better regulation is the way to go.

Comment

If you take away guns people will just find other ways to kill, and it would make it easier for people to rob homes. How can a frail person protect their family against a strong intruder?

What they need to do is try to help children and lesson perverse and violent thinking, perversion leads to sick thoughts. We need to really find a cause for what makes people sick minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        That's America and their gun law obsessions, they need to do something about that crap "The right to bare arms"

The one decent thing John Howard did over here was ban semi auto's and make it so onerous to even obtain and keep a gun that most people don't bother. This was a direct response to the Port Arthur massacre in Tasmania where a lone gunmen killed 35 people. He also had intellectual disabilities as is being reported for the shooter over there. We went from having fairly lenient gun laws to perhaps the strictest regime in the world. The newly illegal firearms were purchased by the govt in a buyback scheme. We haven't had a major incident since and there isn't much gun violence to speak of outside of gangs in Sydney and Melbourne underworld violence.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          Give teaches and security guards at school guns

The solution the gun lobby always (and i mean always) espouses after something like this happens, IS TO JUST ARM EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Steve Kim ‏Today shouldn't give us perspective IMO, because it shouldn't take what happened to Connecticut to give us that

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
              The solution the gun lobby always (and i mean always) espouses after something like this happens, IS TO JUST ARM EVERYONE!!!!
              Ever heard of Kennesaw, Georgia?

Comment

Working...
              X