No announcement yet.

Diaz drew with Porter, and Khan beat Diaz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diaz drew with Porter, and Khan beat Diaz

Many people believe, that Diaz beat Porter. But GB gave the judges to nudge their scores in favor of hopeful draw, Porter.

And Khan was actually able to beat Diaz, yet no one gives him the credit. Basically he topped the performance of one of the best WWs right now.

This old man mexican resurgance things and peds, never read about it happening once before the 70s.

Point is Khan did, what Porter couldn't. Khan would easily beat Alexander. Boxing is what Khan is a prodigy at. It's the rough and tumble that he's not so great at. He doesn't seem to possess the supreme discipline of Floyd.

I really think Floyd - Khan is going to be a fascinating fight. Nowhere near the best, but Floyd is 37. Age gets to you eventually. And if Khan isn't damaged goods, then Floyd is in for a workout. But look at Diaz, he's been KTFO multiple times, yet he seems to be fighting back to his best against Porter and Khan.

Its certainly going to be better than the utter snooze fest that is Pac - Bradley. It's so sad to see Pac relegated to Arum, like a dog, no power. Of all the great potential fights, Bradley? Again? Wtf? I love Pac, but religious people tend to just think everything will work out, but allowing Arum to run his boxing life is now harming boxing and his potential resurgance with an exciting fight.
    Last edited by BrokenHat; 01-23-2014, 05:44 AM.

Mayweather/Khan will be bigger than the Big Bang

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a fascinating fight, but it's not as outrageous as a lot of people are making it to be. And TS is right about Porter and Diaz. It's hip to hate on Khan these days, so people like to pretend that:

1) Khan's best wins (Kotelnik, Paulie, Maidana) didn't happen.

2) Diaz is a shot blown up lightweight. In reality, Diaz has been fighting at jr. WW/WW for years, and as TS mentioned, held Porter to a draw. He is a veteran with a solid fundamental base, and is arguably better than ever at these higher weights.

Comment

Omfg, porter was a totally different fighter in that fight. He got sooo much better. Then he rematched him and pretty much won like every round. Khan got dropped by that son of a *****, that made it alot closer than the first porter diaz fight which i thought porter could have won tbh, but nothing wrong with a draw.

Why are u trying to justify this joke of a fighter Amir khan? Can you brits just stop being delusional for once?

Comment

Porter also won a rematch and is at the stage of his career where he's still improving.

Mayweather/Khan is **** if it happens. I think Mayweather knows this and that's why all these "it will be announced this week, or in a few days," talk has led to nothing so far. Suggesting Pac/Bradley is somehow not as good as Mayweather/Khan is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              Omfg, porter was a totally different fighter in that fight. He got sooo much better. Then he rematched him and pretty much won like every round. Khan got dropped by that son of a *****, that made it alot closer than the first porter diaz fight which i thought porter could have won tbh, but nothing wrong with a draw.

Why are u trying to justify this joke of a fighter Amir khan? Can you brits just stop being delusional for once?
              1) Ok, so he was a totally different fighter. Then I can say, just as well, that Khan will be a totally different fighter for Floyd. He will get sooo much better.

2) No one is justifying the fight. It doesn't need justification. There are better fights out there for Floyd, no one is denying that. We are just pointing out that some people are getting a little carried away in their loathing of this fight.

3) For the record, I'm not British. And I don't care for swearing .

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

So Porter gets an excuse for looking **** and arguably losing the first fight? But Khan doesn't.

Gotcha.

Comment

No shame in your game I see. You put the triangle theory right in your subject line, wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    No shame in your game I see. You put the triangle theory right in your subject line, wow.
                    Where is the triangle theory?

If he said "Khan beat Diaz and Diaz drew with Porter, so Khan is better than Porter", that would be a triangle theory.

But that's not what I think he is saying. He is only pointing out that Khan is getting crap for struggling with Diaz, and Porter isn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X