No announcement yet.

Javier Capetillo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    So in your opinion Capetillo was just the fall guy. Who are the real culprits then?
    The California state athletic commission.

They watched Cappy wrap the dudes hands and didn't seem to have any problems with it until Richardson started going ape ****.

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
    there was no love lost between the people within the team but Tony and Cap had a strong bond so it was hard to convince Tony that Cap was a bad dude

I shared stories prior to all this about how Cap wasn't the best of people

he is no fall guy. He was the black sheep of the team and always had been

I will say this much the vibe of the team from camps that Cap ran and the one Grandpa ran is like night and day
    Whats so bad about him? Did you know him personally? He seemed like an oldschool hardass take no prisoners trainer who built Tony into a fearsome murderer.

I'm not being sarcastic here, if you got some info on the guy you should share it and shed light on the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Buffman View Post
      Whats so bad about him? Did you know him personally? He seemed like an oldschool hardass take no prisoners trainer who built Tony into a fearsome murderer.
      god this sounds horribly gay.

I'm not being sarcastic here, if you got some info on the guy you should share it and shed light on the subject.
      personally I have been around him for years being involved with Tony and his team.

I have been privy to stories being told about him by the team

most are personal between me and the team members so I will pass at sharing

watch now I bet you're going to say "you have nothing or else you would share"

no I just have respect that unless I was told that this will be common knowledge I tend to keep these convos between the parties involved

if that shows me out as a phony to you so be it you can live in your fantasy land as Cap being some hard ass and nothing more

Comment

personally I have been around him for years being involved with Tony and his team.

no I just have respect that unless I was told that this will be common knowledge I tend to keep these convos between the parties involved

if that shows me out as a phony to you so be it you can live in your fantasy land as Cap being some hard ass and nothing more
        So is there any connection between Capetillo and Chavez Sr ?

Comment

They're both mexican?

Comment

there was no love lost between the people within the team but Tony and Cap had a strong bond so it was hard to convince Tony that Cap was a bad dude

I shared stories prior to all this about how Cap wasn't the best of people

he is no fall guy. He was the black sheep of the team and always had been

I will say this much the vibe of the team from camps that Cap ran and the one Grandpa ran is like night and day
            Ya i knew Marg and Cap had a strong relationship but as you say Capetillio does seem like a guy who would make up his mind off someone on the spot as you say Garcia seems to have a better relationship with the rest off the team.Cheers Eaner for the info

Comment

Well, someone had to take the fall.

But the caper was nothing major. CSAC is a bogus commission overstating the case to appear competent and to justify their existence.

Sparring permits??

lol... gtfo CSAC..
              just because some people do not know the law, it does not mean that it does not exist.
              Have you ever heard this saying?
              Ignorantia juris non excusat or Ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law does not excuse" or "ignorance of the law excuses no one"

Comment

The California state athletic commission.

They watched Cappy wrap the dudes hands and didn't seem to have any problems with it until Richardson started going ape ****.

So it was the CSAC that was responsible for the illegal wraps in your opinion?

Comment

Can anybody answer the question?

Comment

WTF man? You on your period today or what?

I'm not asking you to give me specifics about detailed conversations, I'm trying to see if you can give a general character evaluation of the guy that would justify your claim that he's "shady"...

If general terms are still too much for you, then you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place.

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    So it was the CSAC that was responsible for the illegal wraps in your opinion?
                    Yes. Because they watched him wrap the hand and didn't define it as "illegal" until Richardson started mouthing off about it.

Everyone wraps hands different in boxing.

Comment

Yes. Because they watched him wrap the hand and didn't define it as "illegal" until Richardson started mouthing off about it.

Everyone wraps hands different in boxing.
                      Regardless of the circumstances of the discovery the facts remain: The wraps was illegal. This is not disputed. And there's no way no how the CSAC can be responsible for that.

Comment

Working...
                      X