Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much longer can Rios relay on his POWER to get kats out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone can be hurt, I expect him to be hurt sooner or later. He gets hit too often, with guys like Rios it is more the timing and accuracy that hurts a guy like that not just power. Someone like Danny Garcia who has some timing might wipe him out.

I think the one fight I would want to see is Rios vs Mattysse. That is a heck of a fight. Some of these bangers need to just givethe fans there moneys worth, like Castillo and Corrales, or Gatti Ward, those guys ended up making money because they gave great fights, people paid big money for the second or third fights.

It seems all these guys are too fixated on the Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez sweepstakes. Why cash out against one of those guys, and more than likely get your ass handed to you? There are so many entertaining fights to make around 135-147, and if these guys make them and they are classics, like I said they may not get paid big on the first one, but people will pay to watch II or III, thats how you make great rivalries. Too much of boxing revolves around damn Mayweather and Pacquiao

Comment

It was a good win for rios but in no way was he winning the fight and for sure he shouldnt have been ahead on cards. I gave him one round so i for one am happy it ended the way it did cause if not then we would have another TR controversy

Comment

He steps in the ring with Matthysse and his hype ends.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          Everyone can be hurt, I expect him to be hurt sooner or later. He gets hit too often, with guys like Rios it is more the timing and accuracy that hurts a guy like that not just power. Someone like Danny Garcia who has some timing might wipe him out.

I think the one fight I would want to see is Rios vs Mattysse. That is a heck of a fight. Some of these bangers need to just givethe fans there moneys worth, like Castillo and Corrales, or Gatti Ward, those guys ended up making money because they gave great fights, people paid big money for the second or third fights.

It seems all these guys are too fixated on the Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez sweepstakes. Why cash out against one of those guys, and more than likely get your ass handed to you? There are so many entertaining fights to make around 135-147, and if these guys make them and they are classics, like I said they may not get paid big on the first one, but people will pay to watch II or III, thats how you make great rivalries. Too much of boxing revolves around damn Mayweather and Pacquiao
          No chance Garcia could stop Rios. None. Matthysse could stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            No chance Garcia could stop Rios. None. Matthysse could stop him.
            I think Garcia is a much sharper puncher, with a single punch then Matthysse. He may have more thud to it, but Garcia would be trying to walk Rios onto one, which is what his game is about. Matthysse might stop him from accumulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              It was a good win for rios but in no way was he winning the fight and for sure he shouldnt have been ahead on cards. I gave him one round so i for one am happy it ended the way it did cause if not then we would have another TR controversy
              Controversy or not it's still bull****. Remember the scorecards for Salido-Juanma II? If you're a non TR fighter or NOT favored by TR you better be ready to KO your opponent or you're fked. This is why Lara is in BIG TROUBLE fighting Vanes.
              I think Garcia is a much sharper puncher, with a single punch then Matthysse. He may have more thud to it, but Garcia would be trying to walk Rios onto one, which is what his game is about. Matthysse might stop him from accumulation.
              Let's not get carried away here with the Khan KO please.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Abril CLEARLY beat Rios. And Rios-Alvarado was not a draw up to the stoppage how the cards were showing. I had given Rios the 1st round and that was it (maybe 2 rounds). And Im not even gonna talk about the stoppage.

I also thought Acosta was beating Rios till Acosta started getting dropped. Too bad that guy isn't too durable. Even Abril dropped him...
                I was with you until then..........everything you said after that is essentially irrelevant....

Comment

No way. Garcia simply does not punch that hard. Not like Matthysse. Timing helps, but you still need the power to put the guy down, which Garcia doesn't.

Comment

His health will go before his power is gone.

He's always going to get outboxed by someone thats tough and can also box, but if you get into a gun slinging contest with Rios then right now I think he would stand up to anyone, he's there mentally to win at all costs and that alone with his power will make most people want no more

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
                      That's my answer also.

He looks like he can be hit with a baseball bat and not even flinch. I don't see how that WON'T give anyone a problem at 140 pounds. He just walks through haymakers and throws punches.
                      the guy doesn't even buckle at the knees when hit with a big shot. pretty scary for the other guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X