No announcement yet.

the universe did not just create its damn self.we have a creator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what created the creator? And what created the supernatural? LOL

The funny thing is that the concept of God does not answer a single damn thing about our existence so why even bother???

I really must be missing the logic in this whole God thing. God was invented so we have the answer to the question of our existence yet it simply doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
      Why would God need a creator?

First cause arguments are not based upon the idea that everything that exists must have a a cause.
      What do you mean why? Because it is the logical thing.

And how could we have possibly created God if we cant even explain his existence.

You see we discovered electrons jumping orbits...We cant not explain how they move from one orbit to the other without there being an in between phase to their movement. But at least it is something we witness even if we cannot explain it.

Now God we have never seen yet we invent him and cannot explain him/her/it...

It just makes no sense.

P.S. I actually wear a cross because I stand for many Christian values, because I believe that all of our morals are derived from religion and I feel that morality is important, and there can be no morals derived from atheism, arguments that claim there can be morals without religion are nonsense.
      Last edited by Banderivets; 06-16-2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

I really must be missing the logic in this whole God thing. God was invented so we have the answer to the question of our existence yet it simply doesn't work.
        That's because we're no longer primitive beings fresh out of the primordial ooze with no real concept of how things in the universe work. Long before the technological age we have the pleasure of living in today we were basically humped over ******s (like Sully) who didn't even know how the **** things in the universe worked, so we invented "God" to explain it to ourselves (as well as our equally ******ed offspring) because we were incapable of truly understanding.

Well, that time came and went, and now we know about more than we ever could've imagined : From quantum physics to the latest celebrity vagina pictures, and "God" is not only obsolete, but also laughable to most individuals with fully functioning brains.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
          Why would God need a creator?
          No offense to any one in this thread, but I don't know why every one who's defending their being a god, reminds me of the Keunu Reeves meme's.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            That's because we're no longer primitive beings fresh out of the primordial ooze with no real concept of how things in the universe work. Long before the technological age we have the pleasure of living in today we were basically humped over ******s (like Sully) who didn't even know how the **** things in the universe worked, so we invented "God" to explain it to ourselves (as well as our equally ******ed offspring) because we were incapable of truly understanding.

Well, that time came and went, and now we know about more than we ever could've imagined : From quantum physics to the latest celebrity vagina pictures, and "God" is not only obsolete, but also laughable to most individuals with fully functioning brains.
            Thank you for your opinion Dr. Bringer, but the concept of Intelligent Design makes a lot more sense than a chaos theory.

Where impossible scenarios and impossible events exponentially compounded upon each other to bring the percieved reality we view today.

Nobody can explain it. Maybe it was designed that way.
            Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-16-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post

P.S. I actually wear a cross because I stand for many Christian values, because I believe that all of our morals are derived from religion and I feel that morality is important, and there can be no morals derived from atheism, arguments that claim there can be morals without religion are nonsense.

Complete and total bull****.

I've been an Atheist since I was 14 years old, and prior to that I wasn't exactly raised in a "religious" home, yet I'm a very moral human being. I've never abused an animal or fellow human being, I've volunteered time and money to help both, I've never committed adultery, I've never murdered someone, I've never had sex before marriage or cheated on my taxes.....Okay so I'm bull****ting about those last two, but all the others still hold true.

For someone who is seemingly intelligent I'm surprised you would hold onto such a primitive and chaotic belief - That morals cease to exist without belief in a deity.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                Thank you for your opinion Dr. Bringer, but the concept of Intelligent Design makes a lot more sense than a chaos theory.

Where impossible scenarios and impossible events exponentially compounded upon each other to bring the percieved reality we view today.

Nobody can explain it.
                "Intelligent design", lulz.

To clarify, the concept (and I'm SO glad you realize it's only a concept) of intelligent design makes more sense to you.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                  [/B]

Complete and total bull****.

I've been an Atheist since I was 14 years old, and prior to that I wasn't exactly raised in a "religious" home, yet I'm a very moral human being. I've never abused an animal or fellow human being, I've volunteered time and money to help both, I've never committed adultery, I've never murdered someone, I've never had sex before marriage or cheated on my taxes.....Okay so I'm bull****ting about those last two, but all the others still hold true.

For someone who is seemingly intelligent I'm surprised you would hold onto such a primitive and chaotic belief - That morals cease to exist without belief in a deity.
                  Following Morals for no reason is just as primitive in my opinion.

What's the point of being "good" in a reality where good and evil are just subjective illusions.

I've devoted myself to human knowledge and i've found its limits. God has none.

Comment

Originally posted by Even Money View Post
                    Following Morals for no reason is just as primitive in my opinion.
                    What ever happened to just being a decent human being? Is that notion something to be thrown in the garbage in the 21st century?

Or are you advocating that people only be moral/decent human beings if they are rewarded in the end for it by an invisible father figure by being let through the golden gates in the sky?

Comment

You've single handedly found the limits of human knowledge? Impressive, yet I seriously doubt it. Furthermore, tell me of God's limitless potential and how you came to witness it.

Comment

Working...
                      X