No announcement yet.

Advice plz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice plz

About 8 months ago i joined a boxing gym that is about 30 mins from my house. I have not been to the gym in 3 months because i sometimes could not get rides(dont have liscense) and other times i was just lazy, you could say i lost interest. In the 3 months off i have been working out and i plan to return to my boxing club, i also plan to continue my weight training. I am just wondering wether or not i should tell the trainers there straight up that i was lazy and lost interest, or should i say that it was due to an injury. What would you do? I dont want them to not take me seriously and not take the time to take me on the mitts..etc. The only reason i haven't had a fight yet is because i had to get a boxing liscence and in order to do so i must get a physical
    Last edited by Prospekt; 05-23-2013, 06:35 PM.

Let me say this, if you showed them something good while you were there, they will not really mind. But tell the truth to a certain extent, tell them you couldnt get a ride sometimes. Tell them when you could get a ride, you had trouble getting rides back. But also tell them that when you could get there that you didn't think you were up to it. But in all reality if you are serious about boxing I would drop the weed totally, there's no need man. I don't have my amatuer license but I thought you only needed to fill out a form with tyour last physical dated. They do not ask for a blood test. This is for New York i dont know where ur from. Just take it more serious its a serious sport.

Comment

thx alot for the advice man. I did show them something when i was there but the last few times i went i was unmotivated and did not give it my all. I plan getting my first fight set up asap because i feel that it will give me the motivation i need to keep up training 110%

Comment

if you tell them you were lazy they will push you harder...

if you tell them it was an injury but they find out you lied...your gonan lsoe trust..and they wont take your commitment..

first time my coach noticed i was in the gym everyday 4+shours a day hes been teaching me a bunch of stuff...as for other people..he would never put them in the ring..

jsut be honest

Comment

U dint sound very dedicated to me,and u shouldnt be weight training and boxing,thats the absolute wrong thing to do.

Comment

They don't drug test in the amateurs, and you should just be honest with your trainer and tell him why you couldn't be in the gym. And before you go back to the gym, go running for a week so you dont feel it too bad in your lungs when you go back.

Comment

Working...
            X